Nigeria v Equatorial Guinea Africa Cup of Nations predictions: Tips and odds
Nigeria and Equatorial Guinea meet in a 2023 Africa Cup of Nations group stage match on Sunday at 2pm (UK time).
Nigeria vs Equatorial Guinea predictions
Nigeria vs Equatorial Guinea: Predictions
|6/4 with Bet365
|8/1 with Ladbrokes
|6/1 with SkyBet
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Nigeria vs Equatorial Guinea predictions:
- Equatorial Guinea scored at least once in three of their last four AFCON matches.
- Nigeria won four of their last five AFCON matches.
- Both teams have scored in four of Nigeria’s last five international games.
- Over 1.5 goals scored in Nigeria’s last seven international matches.
Nigeria vs Equatorial Guinea match tip
Victor Osimhen has scored in four of his last six international appearances (10 goals), taking his tally to 20 goals in just 27 caps for the Super Eagles. The 25-year-old found the back of the net 26 times in 32 matches for Napoli last season, becoming the first African player to win the Capocannoniere as he helped fire his side to the title. With the recent news of Victor Bonniface’s injury, more pressure will be on the striker to find the back of the net for his country.
Nigeria vs Equatorial Guinea odds
*Odds correct as of 07:00 on January 11
Handed a tough group alongside hosts Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria will need to get off to a positive start if they want to continue their impressive run of making it out of the group stages in each of the last 14 tournaments that they have qualified for. They were knocked out in the round of 16 to Tunisia in 2022, their earliest exit since 1982 and will be looking to make amends this time around.
Equatorial Guinea meanwhile, will be hoping to once again go far in the tournament having reached the quarter-final stage last time out, being knocked out by eventual winners Senegal 3-1 after finishing runners up to Côte d’Ivoire in Group E. They have never failed to make it out of the group stages with two QF finishes and a fourth place finish in 2015 to their name, but they face a tough challenge if that is going to continue here.
Nigeria vs Equatorial Guinea head-to-head record
- 23 Jan 2018 – Equatorial Guinea 1-3 Nigeria – Africa Nations Cup
- 21 Jun 2008 – Nigeria 2-0 Equatorial Guinea – FIFA World Cup qualifying
- 15 Jun 2008 – Equatorial Guinea 0-1 Nigeria – FIFA World Cup qualifying