Newcastle v Man City EFL Cup live stream: Tips, odds, team news and predictions
Newcastle and Man City face off in an EFL Cup showdown at St. James’ Park on Wednesday (8pm, UK time).
Newcastle vs Man City odds
*Odds correct as of 17:00 on September 22
Newcastle’s long wait for silverware goes on after losing in the EFL Cup final last term. Eddie Howe’s side were defeated by Manchester United on that day. Manchester City though have made it a habit of winning this competition in recent years. They’ve won six of the last ten EFL Cup tournaments and have at least reached the fourth round in the aforementioned period.
How to live stream Newcastle vs Man City online:
Bet365* streams a selection of EFL Cup matches live for account holders.
To sign up for and live stream Newcastle vs Man City, eligible readers can follow the steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only. Must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing.
Major European leagues you can watch on bet365**: La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Eredivisie, Portuguese Primeira Liga, Ligue 1
**For local rights-based reasons, some of these leagues cannot be broadcast in certain locations (e.g. Serie A streams are inaccessible in Italy). Please check whether your country of residence is excluded.
Newcastle vs Man City predictions
Newcastle vs Man City: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||4/7 with Bet365|
|Correct Score||1-2||8/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Erling Haaland||7/2 with Paddy Power|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Newcastle vs Man City predictions:
- Manchester City have scored at least two goals in their last five visits to Newcastle.
- Manchester City have scored at least one goal for 11 consecutive matches in all competitions.
- Both teams have scored across five of Man City’s last seven matches in all competitions.
- Erling Haaland has opened the scoring in two of Man City’s last three away matches.
- Newcastle haven’t failed to score at home this season.
Newcastle vs Man City match tip
The average number of goals in recent meetings between Newcastle and Manchester City is 3.6.
Newcastle vs Man City team news
Kevin De Bruyne, John Stones and Bernardo Silva will not be available for the Premier League champions.
Jack Grealish (thigh) and Mateo Kovacic (back) could be part of City’s travelling squad.
Newcastle vs Man City head-to-head record
- 19 Aug 2023 – Manchester City 1-0 Newcastle – Premier League
- 04 Mar 2023 – Manchester City 2-0 Newcastle – Premier League
- 21 Aug 2022 – Newcastle 3-3 Manchester City – Premier League
- 08 May 2022 – Manchester City 5-0 Newcastle – Premier League
- 19 Dec 2021 – Newcastle 0-4 Manchester City – Premier League
Manchester City have won eight of their previous nine meetings with Newcastle in all competitions (one draw).