Newcastle v Arsenal Premier League predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Newcastle and Arsenal face off in a Premier League showdown at St James’ Park on Saturday (5:30pm, UK time).
Newcastle vs Arsenal odds
*Odds correct as of 19:00 on November 2
Newcastle were the Premier League’s surprise package last term and have started the 2023/24 campaign on a strong footing. Eddie Howe’s side to date registered five wins from ten played but currently sit outside the Champions League places. Arsenal, meanwhile, agonisingly fell short last season but are showing no signs of spiralling backwards. Mikel Arteta’s men are in second place and two points behind neighbours Tottenham as we head into the winter months.
Coming into this particular fixture, only Manchester United (14) have won more Premier League away games against Newcastle than Arsenal (13), with them winning eight of their last 10 visits to St James’ Park (two losses). Furthermore, the Gunners are unbeaten in their last 11 Premier League games (eight wins and three draws), scoring 28 goals. All three of their draws have been 2-2 scorelines in London derbies in this run.
That being said, Newcastle are unbeaten in their last six league games (four wins and two draws), scoring at least twice in each of the last five. They last scored 2+ goals in six consecutive Premier League games between August and October 2004. Playing a key role has been Callum Wilson who is averaging a goal once every 60 minutes in the Premier League this season (seven goals in 420 minutes), the best rate of any player to have played at least 90 minutes this term. However, having scored in each of his first three league games against Arsenal, Wilson has now failed to score in any of his last nine against them.
Premier League top four
- Tottenham: 10 games, 26 points
- Arsenal: 10 games, 24 points
- Man City: 10 games, 24 points
- Liverpool: 10 games, 23 points
Newcastle vs Arsenal predictions
Newcastle vs Arsenal: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||13/20 with BetMGM|
|Correct Score||2-2||11/1 with BetMGM|
|First Goalscorer||Miguel Almiron||4/1 with BetMGM|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Newcastle vs Arsenal predictions:
- Newcastle have kept three clean sheets at home in the Premier League this season albeit they came against sides below fifth place.
- Arsenal have scored in each of their last four Premier League away games.
- Newcastle have scored in each of their Premier League homes this season.
- Newcastle have opened the scoring in each of their Premier League home games this season.
- Arsenal are unbeaten away from home in the Premier League.
- Newcastle have scored at least twice in three of their last five Premier League home matches.
Newcastle vs Arsenal match tip
Newcastle vs Arsenal team news
Newcastle team news
|–||Sandro Tonali, Harvey Barnes, Jacob Murphy, Elliot Anderson, Sven Botman, Alexander Isak, Lewis Miley, Javier Manquillo, Matt Targett||–|
A host of players are missing for Eddie Howe this weekend. Matt Targett is the latest to join their growing physio room while Sandro Tonali serves a suspension.
Arsenal team news
|–||Thomas Partey, Gabriel Jesus, Emile Smith Rowe, Jurrien Timber||–|
Gabriel Jesus remains absent following a recent injury he sustained. Thomas Partey is another who returned before dropping out.
Newcastle vs Arsenal head-to-head record
- 07 May 2023 – Newcastle 0-2 Arsenal – Premier League
- 03 Jan 2023 – Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle – Premier League
- 16 May 2022 – Newcastle 2-0 Arsenal – Premier League
- 27 Nov 2021 – Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle – Premier League
- 02 May 2021 – Newcastle 0-2 Arsenal – Premier League
Newcastle have won just one of their last ten Premier League games against Arsenal (one draw and eight losses), failing to score on eight occasions in that run.