Netherlands vs Ireland Euro 2024 qualifying predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Netherlands host Ireland in Euro 2024 qualifying hoping to seal qualification on Saturday (7:45pm UK time).
Netherlands vs Ireland odds
*Odds correct as of 13:45 on November 14
Heading into matchday nine the Netherlands can book their place at next summer’s European Championship with a win here. Ronald Koeman’s side are currently second in group B, ahead of Greece on their head-to-head record. But as Greece have played a game more, Netherlands know three points would make them unreachable. The head-to-head superiority was sealed last time out with Virgil van Dijk netting a late penalty in a 1-0 win.
Ireland, meanwhile, cannot qualify for Euro 2024 through the group but may still advance through the play-offs. It isn’t a guarantee, if Netherlands qualify automatically (and not Greece) then their play-off spot would pass to the next-highest ranked team not already confirmed for Euro 2024. That would be Norway, but Ireland are net up, so they’d need just one more to automatically qualify as things stand.
Netherlands vs Ireland predictions
Netherlands vs Ireland: Predictions
|First Goalscorer||Cody Gakpo||7/2|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Netherlands vs Ireland predictions:
- Netherlands have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four Euro qualifying home games.
- Ireland have won just two of their previous ten Euro qualification away matches (both against Gibraltar).
- The hosts scored at least three goals in four of their last five Euro qualification home matches.
- Ireland failed to score in four of their last six Euro qualifying road games.
- Netherlands scored first in three of their last four Euro qualifying home matches.
Netherlands vs Ireland match tip
Netherlands led at half-time in three of their last four Euro qualification home games before going on to win them.
Midnite Offer: Bet £10, get £20 in free bets + 50 free spins
Looking for some free bets to boost your betting fund? New bookmaker Midnite are offering customers the chance to get a £20 bet bonus and 50 free spins when they sign up and place a £10 accumulator bet.
- Sign up at Midnite using this link
- Use code BETGETSPORTS on signing up
- Place a £10 bet on 4+ legs, min odds 4.0 bet
- Claim your £20 bonus + 50 Free Spins
18+ New UK Customers. Must bet £10 in total on accas with 4+ legs, min odds 3/1 (4.0). £20 credited as 4x £5 Free Bets and 50 Free Spins, valid for 7 days on selected bets and games only, stakes not returned. Restrictions & T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org
Netherlands vs Ireland team news
Nick Olij, Nathan Aké, Micky van de Ven, Ian Maatsen, Matthijs de Ligt, Brian Brobbey and Steven Bergwijn have dropped out through respective injuries. Ajax defender Jorrel Hato and Toulouse forward Thijs Dallinga both received their first call-ups and will be seeking to win a first international cap.
Blackburn Rovers midfielder Andy Moran has been promoted from the Republic of Ireland under-21s team as senior manager Stephen Kenny awaits test results on injured quartet Evan Ferguson, Will Smallbone, Chiedozie Ogbene and Jamie McGrath.
Netherlands vs Ireland head-to-head record
- 10 September 2023 – Ireland 1-2 Netherlands – European Championship qualifier
- 27 May 2016 – Ireland 1-1 Netherlands – International Friendly
- 16 August 2006 – Ireland 0-4 Netherlands – International Friendly
- 5 June 2004 – Netherlands 0-1 Republic – International Friendly
- 1 September 2001 – Ireland 1-0 Netherlands – World Cup qualifier
The Netherlands are unbeaten in their last three meetings with the Republic of Ireland (two wins and one draw).
Netherlands vs Ireland Squawka Says
Recommended bet7:45 pm Saturday November 18
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 5/1 Bet here