Marseille vs Ajax predictions: Europa League tips, odds and team news
Marseille and Ajax go head-to-head in the Europa League on Thursday at 8pm (UK time).
Marseille vs Ajax predictions
Marseille vs Ajax: Predictions
|4/6 with Midnite
|Marseille 2-1 Ajax
|15/2 with Bet365
|21/2 with BetMGM
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Marseille vs Ajax predictions:
- Ajax are currently on an eight-game winless streak in the Europa League (four draws and four losses).
- Marseille have scored at least two goals in each of their previous four Europa League fixtures.
- Both teams have scored in each of Marseille’s previous two Europa League home games.
- Marseille have scored the opener in their last two Europa League home matches.
- Ajax have scored in six of their last seven Europa League road games.
Marseille have been the team to watch in the Europa League this season, with 16 goals scored in their four games so far. It isn’t as if that total has been held up by one goal fest either. Only one of Marseille’s four games have seen fewer than three goals scored, the 2-0 win over AEK Athens last time out.
Marseille vs Ajax odds
*Odds correct as of 08:45 on November 29
Despite their domestic struggles, Marseille are looking bound for the round of 16 after going unbeaten in their opening four Europa League games. Gennaro Gattuso’s side began with back-to-back draws — including an entertaining 3-3 opening round draw at Ajax — before registering consecutive wins over AEK Athens, leaving them top of Group B. However, Marseille are only one point ahead of Brighton with two matches remaining. Ajax, meanwhile, are struggling. The record Dutch champions were unbeaten heading into matchday three (two draws) but have since lost twice on the bounce against Brighton leaving them bottom of the group on two points.
Marseille team news
|Valentin Rongier, Francois Mughe, Pape Gueye
Valentin Rongier and Francois Mughe are both ruled out for Marseille this week.
Ajax team news
|Branco van den Boomen
|Brian Brobbey, Amourricho van Axel Dongen, Jay Gorter, Sivert Mannsverk, Josip Sutalo
Branco van den Boomen is Ajax’s major absence with Brian Brobbey among four players who are doubtful.
Marseille vs Ajax head-to-head record
- 21 September 2023 – Ajax 3-3 Marseille – Europa League
- 18 March 2009 – Ajax 2-2 Marseille – Europa League
- 12 March 2009 – Marseille 2-1 Ajax – Europa League
- 20 April 1988 – Ajax 1-2 Marseille – Cup Winners’ Cup
- 6 April 1988 – Marseille 0-3 Ajax – Cup Winners’ Cup
Marseille lost their first three games against Ajax, won the next two, and have since drawn the last two. They won their last home game against them in March 2009 in the UEFA Cup.