Manchester United vs Wolves: Premier League predictions, tips, odds and team news
Manchester United and Wolves get their 2023/24 Premier League seasons underway when they meet at Old Trafford on Monday at 8pm (UK time).
Manchester United vs Wolves predictions
Manchester United vs Wolves: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||77 /100 with Copybet|
|Correct Score||2-0||11/2 with Copybet|
|First Goalscorer||Marcus Rashford||3/1 with Copybet|
Odds correct at the time of writing (21:45, 12/08/23). 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Manchester United vs Wolves predictions:
- Man Utd have kept a clean sheet in six of their last eight Premier League matches at home.
- Marcus Rashford opened the scoring on seven occasions in last season’s Premier League with four coming at home.
- Wolves are currently on a three-game Premier League goalless streak away from home.
- Man Utd averaged nearly two goals per game at home in the Premier League last season.
- No team kept more clean sheets than Man Utd (17) in last season’s Premier League.
CopyBet special offer: Bet £10, get up to £40 in Free Sports Bets
1. Sign up at CopyBet using this link
2. Place a qualifying bet at our Sportsbook, with at least a £10 stake and 1.5 or greater odds.
3. Get 4 free bets, worth £10 each.
18+ only. New customers only. For verified UK clients only. The qualifying bet should start at £10 and have 1.5 or greater odds. Following the qualifying bet, you will receive 4 free bets that can be used one after another. Each free bet lasts for 7 days. Single bet only. Pre-Match or Live. No Cash-Out. Max payout – £500. BeGambleAware.org
Manchester United vs Wolves match tip
No team kept more home clean sheets (11) than Manchester United in the Premier League last season. Since losing to Brighton on the opening weekend last season, Manchester United are now unbeaten in their last 18 Premier League home games (W15 D3), conceding just eight goals in that time.
Manchester United vs Wolves Bet-Builder tip
Manchester United averaged nearly two goals per game at home in the Premier League last season while keeping 11 clean sheets. Wolves, meanwhile, failed to score in half of their away matches (9/18). Wolves are winless in their last eight Premier League away games (D2 L6), losing the last four in a row by an aggregate score of 15-1.
Manchester United averaged nearly two goals per game at home in last season's Premier League.
Manchester United kept a league-high 11 clean sheets in last season's Premier League while Wolves failed to score in half of their away matches (9/18).
Manchester United vs Wolves odds
Odds correct as of 08:00 14/08/23 | 18+ only | begambleaware.org
Manchester United finished third in Erik ten Hag’s first season last term, a result that means Champions League football returns to Old Trafford for the 2023/24 campaign. But, though revitalised, United still feel like a work in progress. Of the sides finishing in the top six last season they scored the fewest goals (58), with Marcus Rashford responsible for 17 strikes; his overall return of 30 goals across all competitions was Man Utd’s best since Robin van Persie in the 2012/13 season.
Wolves just about staved off relegation, ending in 13th place, but seven points above the drop zone. Head coach Julen Lopetegui was said to be frustrated with their summer transfer activity with only two signings completed and he was the first managerial casualty, being replaced by Gary O’Neil just a few days before the start of the campaign. If they’re not too careful then another relegation battle could be in their future. The once reliable Raúl Jiménez, who managed no Premier League goals last term, has left for Fulham (as has Adama Traore), while joint top-scorer Rúben Neves has departed for the riches of Saudi Arabian football.
Manchester United vs Wolves team news
Mason Mount may feature. Rasmus Hojlund is likely to miss the match through injury.
Manchester United team news
|–||Anthony Martial, Dean Henderson, Tyrell Malacia, Tom Heaton, Amad Traore, Kobbie Mainoo||Rasmus Hojlund|
The loss of Rúben Neves will undoubtedly hurt Wolves. Nathan Collins, Conor Coady and Raúl Jiménez are three other notable departures. Matt Doherty has returned following a disappointing Atlético Madrid stint, while Matheus Cunha has made his loan move permanent.
Wolves team news
Manchester United vs Wolves head-to-head record
- 13 May 2023 – Manchester United 2-0 Wolves – Premier League
- 31 Dec 2022 – Wolves 0-1 Manchester United – Premier League
- 03 Jan 2022 – Manchester United 0-1 Wolves – Premier League
- 29 Aug 2021 – Wolves 0-1 Manchester United – Premier League
- 23 May 2021 – Wolves 1-2 Manchester United – Premier League
Manchester United completed the league double over Wolves last season without conceding a single goal.
Manchester United vs Wolves Squawka Says
Recommended bet8:00 pm Monday August 14
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 11/2 Bet with Copybet Welcome Offer: Bet £10, get up to £40 in free bets – September 2023