Luton v Liverpool Premier League predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Luton and Liverpool face off in a Premier League showdown at Kenilworth Road on Sunday (4:30pm, UK time).
Luton vs Liverpool odds
*Odds correct as of 20:00 on November 2
Heading into this latest round of Premier League fixtures Luton Town find themselves sitting in 18th place on five points after 10 matches. The hosts suffered a 3-1 loss at Aston Villa, extending their winless streak to four (one draw and three losses).
Worrying for the newcomers is the fact they are yet to keep a Premier League clean sheet in 10 games this season, the first time they’ve failed to keep a clean sheet in their opening 10 league games since 2019/20 in the Championship. In what is their first-ever season in the Premier League, they are looking to avoid becoming only the second team to concede in each of their first 11 games in the competition, along with Leicester in 1994 (first 18).
With that being said, only James Ward-Prowse (16) has created more chances via set plays than Luton’s Alfie Doughty (14) this season. Doughty has also made 23 successful crosses, with only Kieran Trippier having more (31).
Luton will obviously need to keep an eye on Mohamed Salah who has been involved in 32 Premier League goals in 2023 (20 goals and 12 assists), with only Erling Haaland having more goal involvements (33). In fact, the last three instances of a player both scoring 20+ goals and assisting 10+ goals in a calendar year have all been achieved by Salah (28 goals and 12 assists in 2018 and 24 goals and 11 assists in 2021).
Premier League top four
- Tottenham: 10 games, 26 points
- Arsenal: 10 games, 24 points
- Man City: 10 games, 24 points
- Liverpool: 10 games, 23 points
Luton vs Liverpool predictions
Luton vs Liverpool: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||5/6 with Unibet|
|Correct Score||1-3||10/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Carlton Morris||12/1 with Boylesports|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Luton vs Liverpool predictions:
- Luton have lost three of their last four Premier League home games.
- Liverpool have scored at least two goals in three of their previous four Premier League road games.
- The opposition has scored first in each of Liverpool’s last four Premier League away games.
- Both teams have scored in each of Liverpool’s last five Premier League road matches.
Luton vs Liverpool match tip
Luton vs Liverpool team news
Luton team news
|–||Mads Andersen, Dan Potts, Albert Sambi Lokonga, Reece Burke||Jordan Clark, Amari’i Bell|
Jordan Clark and Amari’i Bell are doubts ahead of this weekend’s clash while Mads Andersen, Dan Potts, Albert Sambi Lokonga and Reece Burke are ruled out.
Liverpool team news
|–||Andrew Robertson, Stefan Bajcetic, Thiago Alcantara, Luis Diaz||–|
Andrew Robertson remains on the sideline for Liverpool while Luis Diaz continues to be absent through excruciating circumstances.
Luton vs Liverpool head-to-head record
- 15 Jan 2008 – Liverpool 5-0 Luton – FA Cup
- 06 Jan 2008 – Luton 1-1 Liverpool – FA Cup
- 07 Jan 2006 – Luton 3-5 Liverpool – FA Cup
- 11 Jan 1992 – Liverpool 2-1 Luton – Division One
- 24 Aug 1991 – Luton 0-0 Liverpool – Division One
Liverpool have lost just one of their last 10 meetings with Luton in all competitions (five wins and four draws), going down 3-1 at Kenilworth Road in February 1991.