Ad disclosure

Liverpool vs Sheffield United Premier League Predictions, Tips & Odds: A battle at both ends

Liverpool vs Sheffield United Predictions, Tips and Odds: A battle at both ends

Liverpool will be hoping to keep their Premier League title push going when they host Sheffield United next week. The Blades are fighting at the wrong end of the table with time running out.

Liverpool vs Sheffield United predictions

Liverpool vs Sheffield United: Predictions

Bet Prediction Bookmaker odds
BTTS? No 10/13 with BetMGM
Correct Score Liverpool 2-0 Sheffield United 9/1 with Bet365
First Goalscorer Mohamed Salah 12/5 with Midnite

The stats behind our Liverpool vs Sheffield United predictions:

  • Sheffield United have failed to score in four of their past seven matches.
  • Liverpool have won five of their past six games against Sheffield United to nil.
  • Mohamed Salah has scored in three of his four games since returning from injury.

Title in Liverpool’s hands

For the first time, at the most important point of the season, Liverpool are favourites to win the Premier League. The Reds have been given a 41.80% chance of lifting the title per Opta’s AI-powered season predictions, while Man City have a 34.72% chance and Arsenal 23.48%. The title race swung in Liverpool’s favour after their win against Brighton at the weekend, combined with Man City and Arsenal drawing at the Etihad.

Liverpool are now unbeaten in six Premier League games since their 3-1 defeat to Arsenal at the start of February, only dropping points in one draw. And that draw came against Man City, which kept Liverpool in control of their own destiny. There are a few tricky fixtures coming up for Liverpool, but the Reds do have the favourable final run-in of the title challengers. And they have momentum and mentality, coming from behind in each of their past two matches to secure four points.

Sheffield United, meanwhile, are staring relegation in the face. Per Opta’s season predictions, the Blades have a 98.91% of being relegated from the Premier League — or just a 1.09% chance of staying up if you reverse it. They could have been in a better place too. Chris Wilder’s men are winless in five since a 3-1 victory over Luton, losing three and drawing two.

While the defeats were damaging, the draws were just as bad. Against Bournemouth, Sheffield United were 2-0 up before being pulled back to 2-2, while the Blades gave up a 3-1 lead to draw 3-3 late on. It leaves Sheffield United seven points from safety, with nine games still to play.

Liverpool vs Sheffield United match tip

Half time: Draw @ 3/1 by Sky Bet

Liverpool will be expected to win but it may not be as comfortable as some might think. The Reds aren’t in the best run of form at Anfield when it comes to the first half, trailing at the break in two of their past four Premier League games, as well as drawing with Burnley and Brighton. In fact, Liverpool have only led at half time in five of their 15 home league games this season.

Liverpool vs Sheffield United odds

LIVERPOOL VS SHEFFIELD UNITED
Squawka

*Odds correct as of 17:00 on April 2. 18+ only. BeGambleAware.

There won’t be many more one-sided fixtures in the Premier League this season when it comes to odds. Liverpool are heavy favourites and understandably so, as these two sides couldn’t be in more contrasting form. Sheffield United leaving Anfield with even a point would constitute one of the shocks of the season.

Liverpool vs Sheffield United team news

Liverpool team news

In  Out Doubtful
Joel Matip, Alisson, Stefan Bajcetic, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Diogo Jota, Thiago Curtis Jones, Andrew Robertson

Curtis Jones and Andrew Robertson could be back in time for this game. But it will to be too soon for the likes of Alisson, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Diogo Jota.

Top Scorer: Mohamed Salah (16)

Card Magnet: Wataru Endo, Darwin Nunez (8)

Assist Ace: Mohamed Salah (9)

Sheffield United team news

In  Out Doubtful
Max Lowe, Rhys Norrington-Davies, Chris Basham, John Egan, George Baldock, Tom Davies, Rhian Brewster, Daniel Jebbison Cameron Archer, Oliver Arblaster, Vinicius Souza

Oliver Arblaster and Vinicius Souza face late fitness tests for this game, while Cameron Archer is also a doubt. Chris Basham, John Egan, Rhys Norrington-Davies and Max Lowe remain long-term absentees, with George Baldock and Tom Davies joining them.

Top Scorer: Oli McBurnie (5)

Card Magnet: Jayden Bogle, Gustavo Hamer (9)

Assist Ace: Gustavo Hamer (4)

How to watch Liverpool vs Sheffield United Live

Liverpool host Sheffield United at 7:30pm on Thursday 4th April with the game broadcast live on TNT Sports 2.

Liverpool vs Sheffield United head-to-head

  • 6 December 2023 – Sheffield United 0-2 Liverpool – Premier League
  • 28 February 2021 – Sheffield United 0-2 Liverpool – Premier League
  • 24 October 2020 – Liverpool 2-1 Sheffield United – Premier League
  • 2 January 2020 – Liverpool 2-0 Sheffield United – Premier League
  • 28 September 2019 – Sheffield United 0-1 Liverpool – Premier League

Liverpool have won their past six games against Sheffield United, keeping clean sheets in five of those matches. Sheffield United haven’t beaten Liverpool since the first leg of their EFL Cup semi-final in 2003, though the Reds still advanced.


BetMGM sign-up offer: Get £40 in free bets when you bet £10

Not signed up to BetMGM yet? Here's how eligible readers* can take advantage of their welcome offer:

  1. Open an account at BetMGM using this link.
  2. Select the Sports Welcome Offer.
  3. Get the offer from the ‘My Offers’ page.
  4. Deposit and place a £10 bet at odds of 1/1 (2.0) or greater.
  5. When it settles, unlock £40 in Free Bets

*New customer only. 3 days to claim & 7 days to place a qualifying bet to receive 4x Free Bets: 1 x £10 Horse racing, 1 x £10 Free Bet Builder, 1 x £10 Acca and 1 x £10 Football. 7 day expiry. Exclusions apply. Stake not returned. T&Cs apply. For more information, visit begambleaware.org