Liverpool vs Burnley Premier League predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Liverpool host Burnley in the Premier League on Saturday at 3pm (UK time).
Liverpool vs Burnley odds
Odds correct as of 20:30 on February 09
Liverpool’s chances of winning the Premier League title in Jürgen Klopp’s final season took a blow last weekend with defeat against Arsenal at the Emirates. That result saw their lead at the top of the table cut to just two points with both the Gunners and Man City (who still have a game in hand), looking to overtake them and take top spot.
Burnley, meanwhile, still find themselves in the relegation places, but may have a bit more confidence coming into this game after David Datro Fofana’s late brace saw them come from 2-0 down to earn a point against Fulham last weekend. They remain seven points off safety, and will need to pick up wins sooner rather than later if they are going to have any chance of staying in the top flight next season, but last weekend’s result is a start.
Liverpool vs Burnley predictions
Liverpool vs Burnley: Predictions
|10/11 with BetVictor
|Liverpool 3-0 Burnley
|15/2 with Bet365
|5/1 with Paddy Power
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Liverpool vs Burnley predictions:
- Liverpool have won their last four games against Burnley without conceding a goal.
- Both teams have scored in just one of the last seven meetings between these sides.
- Liverpool have lost just one Premier League match this season and none at Anfield.
- Diogo Jota has scored four goals in his last four Premier League games, including one against Burnley on Boxing Day.
Liverpool vs Burnley match tip
Liverpool have conceded just two goals in their last seven games against Burnley, winning their last four to nil. Only Sheffield United (7) have scored fewer goals away from home this campaign than Burnley (11).
Liverpool vs Burnley team news
Liverpool team news
|Dominik Szoboszlai, Ibrahima Konate, Ben Doak, Joel Matip, Kostas Tsimikas, Stefan Bajcetic
The chances of Mohamed Salah returning for this match are slim, while Kostas Tsimikas, Stefan Bajcetic Ben Doak and Joel Matip remain sidelined, the latter for the season. Ibrahima Konate is suspended after his red card vs Arsenal and Dominik Szoboszlai has been ruled out for a number of weeks.
Burnley team news
|Luca Koleosho, Nathan Redmond
|Charlie Taylor, Jordan Beyer
Luca Koleosho and Nathan Redmond are still out, but Burnley should be able to call upon Charlie Taylor and Jordan Beyer for the trip to Anfield.
Liverpool vs Burnley: Head-to-Head
- 26 Dec 2023 – Burnley 0-2 Liverpool – Premier League
- 13 Feb 2022 – Burnley 0-1 Liverpool – Premier League
- 21 Aug 2022- Liverpool 2-0 Burnley- Premier League
- 19 May 2021 – Burnley 0-3 Liverpool – Premier League
- 21 Jan 2021 – Liverpool 0-1 Burnley – Premier League
Liverpool have enjoyed almost total dominance in this fixture, winning eight of the last 10 meetings and losing just once during that time.