Lithuania vs Serbia preview: Tips, odds, predictions and team news
Lithuania host Serbia in a huge Euro 2024 qualification match on Sunday at 7:45pm (UK time).
Lithuania vs Serbia odds
Odds correct as of 15:00, 08/09/23 | 18+ only | begambleaware.org
Once the Euro 2024 qualification draw was made, Group G caught the eye as one of the hardest to predict. Two spots at the final tournament are up for grabs with none of the traditional giants present. Hungary currently lead the way on 10 points, with Serbia second on seven. Sandwiched between Montenegro (five points) and Bulgaria (two points) are Lithuania, who have only managed two draws and two defeats from their opening four games so far. Serbia, meanwhile, lost 2-1 at home to Hungary last time out, but were unbeaten prior to that.
Lithuania vs Serbia predictions
Lithuania vs Serbia: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||9/10 with Betfair|
|Correct Score||Lithuania 0-3 Serbia||15/2 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Dusan Vlahovic||11/2 with SkyBet|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Lithuania vs Serbia predictions:
- Serbia won 2-0 and had 15 shots the last time they faced Lithuania.
- They also opened this qualifying campaign with back-to-back clean sheets.
- Dusan Vlahovic has scored three of Serbia’s six goals in qualifying so far.
- Lithuania, meanwhile, are yet to win and have scored just three goals in four games.
Lithuania vs Serbia match tip
As mentioned, Vlahovic has been the catalyst for Serbia in this qualifying campaign so far, scoring half of their goals. That ties in perfectly with his form at club level, with the 23-year-old notching two goals and an assist from three Serie A games so far this season.
Lithuania vs Serbia Bet-Builder tip
So, we know about Vlahovic’s prowess in front of goal. Couple that with the fact that Serbia won comfortably the last time they played Lithuania and the fact that the hosts have conceded five goals in their last three games and you really wouldn’t bet against a similar outcome. This could prove to be a landmark result for Serbia in this qualifying campaign.
Serbia have won six of the previous seven meetings with Lithuania.
Lithuania have conceded seven goals during this qualifying campaign, while Serbia have scored six.
Vlahovic has scored three of Serbia's six goals.
Lithuania vs Serbia team news
Specific team news will be released closer to the match.
Lithuania vs Serbia head-to-head record
- 24 Mar 2023 – Serbia 2-0 Lithuania – Euro 2024 Qualifying
- 14 Oct 2019 – Lithuania 1-2 Serbia – Euro 2020 Qualifying
- 10 Jun 2019 – Serbia 4-1 Lithuania – Euro 2020 Qualifying
- 20 Nov 2018 – Serbia 4-1 Lithuania – UEFA Nations League
- 07 Sep 2018 – Lithuania 0-1 Serbia – UEFA Nations League
This will be just the eighth meeting between these two nations, with Serbia holding a 6-1 winning record so far. Lithuania’s only victory in this fixture came in World Cup qualifying back in October 2009.
Lithuania vs Serbia Squawka Says
Recommended bet7:45 pm Sunday September 10
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 15/2 Bet with Bet365 Free Bet Offers – Bet £10 get £30 when you sign up – October 2023
- Euro 2024 qualifying betting tips & predictions
- Football Accumulator tips
- Latest live streaming fixtures