Liechtenstein vs Portugal Euro 2024 qualifying predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Bottom meets top in Euro 2024 qualification Group J as Liechtenstein host Portugal on Thursday at 7:45pm (UK time).
Liechtenstein vs Portugal odds
*Odds correct as of 15:15 on November 15
Ranked 200th in the world, Liechtenstein have sprung absolutely no surprises in Group J so far, losing all eight of their matches by a 25-1 combined scoreline. Overall, the Blue-Reds are enduring a run of 33-game winless streak that includes 21 consecutive defeats, with the likes of Andorra, Latvia, Moldova and Gibraltar among those to have beaten them over the past couple of years.
As for Portugal, they’ve been equally unsurprising but for completely different reasons. The sixth-highest-ranked nation in the world, A Seleção das Quinas have eight wins from eight by 32-2 combined scoreline in a run that includes 9-0 and 6-0 wins over Luxembourg and a 4-0 victory over Thursday’s hosts which, in the context of the aforementioned results of these two teams, seems rather modest. Portugal are already qualified and will be simply using this match to give players a run-out and run up an even more impressive goal difference.
Liechtenstein vs Portugal: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||2/9 with Midnite|
|Correct Score||Liechtenstein 0-5 Portugal||21/5 with CopyBet|
|First Goalscorer||Cristiano Ronaldo||8/5 with 10bet|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Liechtenstein vs Portugal predictions:
- Portugal have conceded just two goals this qualifying campaign, while Liechtenstein have only scored one.
- As mentioned, Portugal have won all eight of their Group J matches, while Liechtenstein have lost all eight.
- Portugal have avered just shy of five goals per game (4.9) in their eight previous meetings with Liechtenstein, winning seven and drawing once in 2004.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is second only to Romelu Lukaku (10) in goals this qualifying campaign with nine.
Portugal have won seven and drawn one of their previous eight meetings with Liechtenstein, averaging 4.9 goals per game along the way.
Danilo Pereira, Pedro Neto and Rafael Leao all miss out for Portugal due to injury, while the likes of Raphael Guerreiro, Renato Sanches and Nuno Mendes also miss out.
Liechtenstein vs Portugal head-to-head record
- 23 March 2023 – Portugal 4-0 Liechtenstein – European Championship Qualifying
- 12 August 2009 – Liechtenstein 0-3 Portugal – Friendly
- 8 October 2005 – Portugal 2-1 Liechtenstein – World Cup Qualifying
- 9 October 2004 – Liechtenstein 2-2 Portugal – World Cup Qualifying
- 9 June 1999 – Portugal 8-0 Liechtenstein – – European Championship Qualifying
A shock 2-2 draw in October 2004 aside — in a match that saw Cristiano Ronaldo start alongside the likes of Deco, Ricardo Carvalho and Simao — Portugal have enjoyed total dominance in this fixture.
Liechtenstein vs Portugal: Squawka Says
Recommended bet7:45 pm Thursday November 16
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 21/5 Bet with Copybet Welcome Offer: Bet £10, get £40 in free bets – December 2023