Italy v North Macedonia Euro 2024 qualifying predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Italy will be hoping to bolster their chances of qualifying for Euro 2024 when they host North Macedonia on Friday at 7:45pm (UK time).
Italy vs North Macedonia odds
*Odds correct as of 13:15 on November 16
With two qualifying games left to play, defending European champions Italy still have some work to do. The Azzurri are currently third in group C, three points behind second-placed Ukraine though they have played one game fewer. If Italy win this, however, they only need to avoid defeat in their final game against Ukraine to qualify due to a better head-to-head record.
North Macedonia, meanwhile, are purely playing for pride unable to qualify for Euro 2024. The southern European nation have gained just seven points from their six games so far. They have won two games, both coming against Malta, a fall from making the World Cup qualifying play-offs. North Macedonia don’t even have the UEFA Nations League play-off to fall upon, meaning there will be no tournament at all.
Italy vs North Macedonia predictions
Italy vs North Macedonia: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||1/2 with Sky Bet|
|Correct Score||3-0||5/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Davide Frattesi||5/1 with Unibet|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Italy vs North Macedonia predictions:
- Italy have scored in their last 20 home Euro qualification matches.
- North Macedonia failed to score in two of their last three Euro qualifying away matches.
- Italy won 10 of their last 11 home Euro qualification matches.
- The hosts are currently averaging 3 goals per home game under Luciano Spalletti.
- North Macedonia conceded the first goal in four of their last six Euro qualifying road games.
Italy vs North Macedonia match tip
Each of Italy’s last four home Euro qualification matches has seen over 2.5 goals scored in them.
Italy vs North Macedonia team news
Alex Meret, Rafael Tolói, Davide Calabria and Manuel Locatelli have dropped out through respective injuries. Davide Calabria returns to international duty after last being called up in June 2022 while Juventus defender Andrea Cambiaso and Monza midfielder Andrea Colpani received their first call-ups.
Blagoja Milevski has a pretty much settled team with Hajduk forward Aleksandar Trajkovski the most prolific member of North Macedonia’s squad. To date, he’s registered 21 goals across 86 international appearances.
Italy vs North Macedonia head-to-head record
- 9 September 2023 – North Macedonia 1-1 Italy – European Championship qualifier
- 24 March 2022 – Italy 0-1 North Macedonia – World Cup qualifier
- 6 October 2017 – Italy 1-1 North Macedonia – World Cup qualifier
- 9 October 2016 – North Macedonia 2-3 Italy – World Cup qualifier
Italy have failed to win their last three meetings with North Macedonia (two draws and one loss).
Italy vs North Macedonia Squawka Says
Recommended bet7:45 pm Friday November 17
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 5/1 Bet with Bet365 Free Bet Offers – Bet £10 get £30 when you sign up – December 2023