Italy v Malta Euro 2024 qualifying predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Italy and Malta face off in a Euro 2024 qualifier at Stadio San Nicola on Saturday evening (7:45pm, UK time).
Italy vs Malta odds
*Odds correct as of 17:30 on October 12
When the draw was made it seemed Euro 2020 finalists England and Italy were certain to qualify together from Group C, but the Azzurri have endured a difficult campaign. An opening round 2-1 home loss to England was soon followed by a 1-1 against old foes North Macedonia, who denied them a 2022 World Cup place with a shock play-off win. Italy will be hoping for three points at home against Malta, while Ukraine and North Macedonia meet in Prague both level with the Italians on seven points and hoping to snatch second place. Malta are bottom having lost each of their previous five games, scoring once while shipping in 11 goals.
Italy vs Malta predictions
Italy vs Malta: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||1/5 with Bet365|
|Correct Score||3-0||4/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Federico Dimarco||18/1 with Bet365|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Italy vs Malta predictions:
- Malta failed to score in three of their last four international matches.
- Italy opened the scoring in four of their last five international matches.
- Malta lost their last 14 Euro qualifiers.
- The previous five head-to-head games finished under 2.5 goals.
- Malta have scored one goal in their last 10 away Euro qualifiers.
Italy vs Malta match tip
Italian midfielder Davide Frattesi has scored in each of his last two international appearances (three goals).
Italy vs Malta Bet-Builder tip
So far in this Euro 2024 qualification phase the defending European champions are under 3.5 goals in all five games in these Euro qualifiers. Their visitors meanwhile have failed to score in three of their last four international matches. Furthermore, they’ve scored one goal in their last 10 away Euro qualifiers.
Italy vs Malta team news
Italy team news
|Destiny Udogie, Federico Gatti, Gianluca Mancini, Francesco Acerbi, Giacomo Bonaventura, Federico Chiesa, Domenico Berardi, Moise Kean, Gianluca Scamacca||Ivan Provedel, Marco Carnesecchi, Leonardo Spinazzola, Alessio Romagnoli, Nicolò Casale, Matteo Pessina, Ciro Immobile, Wilfried Gnonto, Mateo Retegui, Sandro Tonali, Nicolo Zaniolo||–|
Destiny Udogie is the most notable inclusion in Luciano Spalletti’s squad. Following his impressive showings for Tottenham the 20-year-old left-back is seeking to win his first senior international cap. Sandro Tonali and Nicolo Zaniolo have been removed from the squad.
Malta team news
|–||Rashed Al-Tumi, Karl Micallef, Jake Vassallo, Kurt Zammit, Shaun Dimech||–|
It’s as you were for Michele Marcolini who hasn’t introduced a new face or made a recall to his Malta squad. Skipper Steve Borg (Ħamrun Spartans) is the most capped player with 76 international appearances while Jurgen Degabriele (Hibernians) is their most prolific player having bagged five goals to date.
Italy vs Malta head-to-head record
- 26 Mar 2023 – Malta 0-2 Italy – European Championship qualifying
- 03 Sep 2015 – Italy 1-0 Malta – European Championship qualifying
- 13 Oct 2014 – Malta 0-1 Italy – European Championship qualifying
- 26 Mar 2013 – Malta 0-2 Italy – FIFA World Cup qualifying
- 11 Sep 2012 – Italy 2-0 Malta – FIFA World Cup qualifying
There have been nine previous meetings with Italy winning them all. In the process, they’ve scored 23 goals while conceding just twice.
Italy vs Malta Squawka Says
Recommended bet7:45 pm Saturday October 14
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 4/1 Bet with Bet365 Free Bet Offers – Bet £10 get £30 when you sign up – December 2023