Hungary v Serbia Euro 2024 qualifying predictions, tips, odds & team news
Hungary and Serbia face off in a Euro 2024 qualifier at the Puskás Aréna on Saturday evening (7:45pm, UK time).
Hungary vs Serbia odds
*Odds correct as of 17:30 on October 12
A table-topping encounter between neighbours Hungary and Serbia awaits with both locked on 10 points. However, the hosts played one game fewer than Serbia, whom they beat 2-1 last time out. Attila Szalai put the ball into his own net in that Belgrade-held contest to give Serbia the lead before Barnabás Varga and Willi Orbán struck within minutes of each other heading into half-time.
Hungary vs Serbia predictions
Hungary vs Serbia: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||17/20 with Unibet|
|Correct Score||2-2||14/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Aleksandar Mitrovic||9/2 with Sky Bet|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Hungary vs Serbia predictions:
- Hungary scored at least one goal in seven of their last eight matches.
- Serbia scored at least one goal in every one of their previous nine games.
- Both teams have scored in Serbia’s last four away matches.
- Serbia opened the scoring in five of their last six international matches.
- Mitrovic scored a hat-trick in their last game, a 3-1 win over Lithuania.
Hungary vs Serbia match tip
Serbia’s last 14 international matches have seen over 1.5 goals scored in them.
Hungary vs Serbia Bet-Builder tip
Barnabás Varga comes into this fixture having scored in two of his last three international appearances. The Ferencvaros striker is the leading scorer this season so far in Hungary’s top flight, with eight goals in seven games.
Meanwhile both teams have scored in Serbia’s last four away matches.
Hungary vs Serbia team news
Hungary team news
A very much settled Hungary side is laced with experience and promise. Ádám Nagy boasts 73 caps, while 22-year-old Liverpool midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai is their captain.
Serbia team news
|–||Mihailo Ristić, Erhan Mašović, Mihajlo Ilić, Darko Lazović, Marko Grujić, Uroš Račić, Stefan Mitrović, Luka Jović, Dušan Vlahović||–|
Dušan Vlahović is the most notable absentee though Serbia are still blessed with a plethora of attacking talent, namely Aleksandar Mitrović and Dušan Tadić.
Hungary vs Serbia head-to-head record
- 07 Sep 2023 – Serbia 1-2 Hungary – European Championship qualifying
- 24 Mar 2022 – Hungary 0-1 Serbia – International Friendly
- 15 Nov 2020 – Hungary 1-1 Serbia – UEFA Nations League
- 11 Oct 2020 – Serbia 0-1 Hungary – UEFA Nations League
The hosts were unable to win in four previous meetings.
Hungary vs Serbia Squawka Says
Recommended bet7:45 pm Saturday October 14
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 14/1 Bet with Bet365 Free Bet Offers – Bet £10 get £30 when you sign up – December 2023