Greece v Netherlands Euro 2024 qualifying predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Greece and the Netherlands face off in a Euro 2024 qualifying showdown at Stadium OPAP Arena on Monday (7:45pm, UK time).
Greece vs Netherlands odds
*Odds correct as of 16:00 on October 13
After France secured their spot at Euro 2024, both these sides are vying to finish as runners-up in Group B.
Greece currently occupy the final qualification spot with 12 points from their opening six matches, three points clear of the Netherlands, who have a game in hand. Gustavo Poyet’s side put back-to-back defeats to France and opponents Netherlands behind them with wins against Gibraltar and Ireland without conceding. The surprise 2004 winners are looking to qualify for the tournament for the first time since 2012 when they were knocked out in the quarter-finals by Germany, having failing to make it to Euro 2016 or Euro 2020.
The Netherlands, meanwhile, have only failed to make one of the last nine European Championship finals, having famously missed out on Euro 2016. Ronald Koeman’s side still have work to do to make it to Germany in 2024, with home and away defeats to France leaving them needing to win each of their three remaining matches, starting with Greece.
Euro 2024 qualifying Group B table
- France: 6 games, 18 points
- Greece: 6 games, 12 points
- Netherlands: 5 games, 9 points
- Republic of Ireland: 6 games, 3 points
- Gibraltar: 5 games, 0 points
Greece vs Netherlands predictions
Greece vs Netherlands: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||5/6 with Bet365|
|Correct Score||2-3||33/1 with BetGoodwin|
|First Goalscorer||Giorgos Masouras||11/1 with Boylesports|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Greece vs Netherlands predictions:
- The Netherlands won this reverse fixture.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 12 of the Netherlands’ last 13 Euro qualifying matches.
- Greece have scored first in four of their last five Euro qualifying matches at home.
Greece vs Netherlands match tip
Greece vs Netherlands team news
Matthijs de Ligt, Frenkie de Jong, Cody Gakpo and Memphis Depay are just four key personnel missing for Oranje though Ronald Koeman is still able to call upon the likes of Donyell Malen and Xavi Simons. Donyell Malen is expected to replace Wout Weghorst up top.
There are some familiar faces in Greece’s squad with Vangelis Pavlidis plying his trade in the Netherlands while Atlanta United marksman Giorgos Giakoumakis once upon a time harassed Eredivisie defences. Georgios Tzavellas is expected to miss out once more.
Greece vs Netherlands head-to-head record
- 07 Sep 2023 – Netherlands 3-0 Greece – UEFA Euro qualifying
- 01 Sep 2016 – Netherlands 1-2 Greece – International Friendly
- 28 Apr 2004 – Netherlands 4-0 Greece – International Friendly
- 04 Dec 1991 – Greece 0-2 Netherlands – UEFA Euro qualifying
- 21 Nov 1990 – Netherlands 2-0 Greece – UEFA Euro qualifying
The Netherlands have won 8 of their previous 9 matches against Greece including the past three matches on Greek soil.