Gibraltar v Republic of Ireland Euro 2024 qualifier predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Gibraltar and Republic of Ireland face off in a Euro 2024 qualifying showdown at Estádio Algarve on Monday (7:45pm, UK time).
Gibraltar vs Republic of Ireland odds
*Odds correct as of 14:00 on October 14
With qualification out of reach, this will be a match for pride for both sides as they look to end their campaigns on a high.
Gibraltar currently sit rock bottom after losing their opening five games of this Euro qualifier campaign without scoring a single goal and conceding 17 times. The Republic of Ireland haven’t fared that much better though, with their only win of the qualifiers coming in the reverse fixture against Gibraltar, in which they won 3-0.
Things have been bad for Ireland, failing to qualify for the European Championships in back-to-back campaigns and losing five of their six qualification matches, but this match offers them the chance to finally get another win on the board.
Euro 2024 qualifying Group B table
- France: 6 games, 18 points
- Greece: 6 games, 12 points
- Netherlands: 5 games, 9 points
- Republic of Ireland: 6 games, 3 points
- Gibraltar: 5 games, 0 points
Gibraltar vs Republic of Ireland predictions
Gibraltar vs Republic of Ireland: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||4/11 with Boylesports|
|Correct Score||0-4||11/2 with Paddy Power|
|First Goalscorer||Evan Ferguson||13/5 with Betfred|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Gibraltar vs Republic of Ireland predictions:
- Gibraltar are on a five-game losing streak in Euro qualifiers.
- Gibraltar have conceded a goal in each of their last seven matches.
- Average number of goals in meetings between Gibraltar and Ireland is 3.4.
- Gibraltar have failed to score in their last five Euro qualifiers.
Gibraltar vs Republic of Ireland match tip
Gibraltar are the whipping boys of the group having conceded 17 times and failing to score in their five qualifying matches. Ireland’s only win of the campaign came against them in the reverse fixture.
Gibraltar vs Republic of Ireland team news
Strength in depth is a luxury not afforded to Gibraltar head coach Julio Ribas who shouldn’t make too many changes from last time out though Aymen Mouelhi, Joseph Chipolina, Evan De Haro, Jamie Coombes and Ayoub El Hmidi are pushing to start. A must-win game ensures Evan Ferguson continuing to lead Republic of Ireland’s attackk. Ryan Manning and Mikey Johnston are options to come into Stephen Kenny’s side.
Gibraltar vs Republic of Ireland head-to-head record
- 19 Jun 2023 – Republic of Ireland 3-0 Gibraltar – UEFA Euro qualifying
- 10 Jun 2019 – Republic of Ireland 2-0 Gibraltar – UEFA Euro qualifying
- 23 Mar 2019 – Gibraltar 0-1 Republic of Ireland – UEFA Euro qualifying
- 04 Sep 2015 – Gibraltar 0-4 Republic of Ireland – UEFA Euro qualifying
- 11 Oct 2014 – Republic of Ireland 7-0 Gibraltar – UEFA Euro qualifying
Republic of Ireland have won their previous five meetings against Gibraltar without conceding a goal.