Germany vs France predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Germany and France face off in an international friendly on Tuesday at 8pm (UK time).
Germany vs France odds
*Odds correct as of 14:00 on September 10
A third successive defeat left Germany head coach Hansi Flick on the brink. Ten months on from losing to Japan in their opening World Cup match, Germany was shocked 4-1 by the same opponents. The former Bayern Munich manager though couldn’t stem the tide and was subsequently relieved of his duties. France, meanwhile, is set to join tournament hosts Germany at next summer’s European Championship following their fifth win from five played last time out. Didier Deschamps’ men have not lost a game since contesting last winter’s World Cup final.
Germany vs France predictions
Germany vs France: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||4/7 with Bet365|
|Correct Score||1-3||16/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Kylian Mbappe||21/5 with Unibet|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Germany vs France predictions:
- France is currently on a five-game winning streak.
- Germany have lost their last three matches.
- France averages 2.14 goals per match in 2023.
- Seven of the last 10 international matches involving Germany have seen both teams score.
- France hasn’t lost to Germany in their last six meetings (four wins and two draws).
Germany vs France match tip
Germany scored less than 3 goals in eight of their last 10 international matches.
Germany vs France Bet-Builder tip
Despite their meagre showing of late, seven of the last 10 international matches involving Germany have seen both teams score. However, the four-time world champions have lost half of those aforementioned outings. Furthermore, Les Bleus are in great form, winning their last five international games on the bounce since losing last year’s World Cup final.
France are currently on a five-game winning streak.
Seven of the last 10 international matches involving Germany have seen both teams score.
Germany vs France team news
Thomas Müller and Julian Brandt could both come in for the hosts with Brighton utility man Pascal Groß seeking a first international start having come off the bench in their 4-1 loss. France’s all-time top scorer Olivier Giroud has left camp following an injury he sustained against the Republic of Ireland. The former Borussia Mönchengladbach marksman Marcus Thuram could start though ex-Eintracht Frankfurt forward Randal Kolo Muani is an option. Kingsley Coman and Benjamin Pavard, who both play their football at Bayern Munich, are pushing for starts as well as William Saliba and Eduardo Camavinga.
Germany vs France head-to-head record
- 15 Jun 2021 – France 1-0 Germany – UEFA European Championship
- 16 Oct 2018 – France 2-1 Germany – UEFA Nations League
- 06 Sep 2018 – Germany 0-0 France – UEFA Nations League
- 14 Nov 2017 – Germany 2-2 France – International Friendly
- 07 Jul 2016 – Germany 0-2 France – UEFA European Championship
France are unbeaten in their last six meetings with Germany (four wins and two draws).
Germany vs France Squawka Says
Recommended bet8:00 pm Tuesday September 12
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 16/1 Bet with Bet365 Free Bet Offers – Bet £10 get £30 when you sign up – September 2023
- Euro 2024 qualifying betting tips & predictions
- Football Accumulator tips
- Latest live streaming fixtures