Feyenoord vs Celtic Champions League predictions: tips, odds and team news
Feyenoord and Celtic get their Champions League group stage underway on Tuesday at 8pm (UK time).
Feyenoord vs Celtic odds
*Odds correct as of 08:30 on September 19
Feyenoord are back the Champions League, making their return to the competition for the first time since 2017/18. However, the Champions League doesn’t bring happy memories for the Dutch side since its rebrand. Despite winning the European Cup in 1969/70, Feyenoord have only made it past the first group stage of the Champions League on one previous occasion, doing so in 1999/00. At the turn of the century, Feyenoord advanced to the second group stage before bowing out.
Celtic don’t fare much better in the Champions League. The 1966/67 European Cup winners have entered the Champions League in each of the past 12 seasons, but in six of those they failed to make the group stage, falling in qualifying. And when they have made the group stage, Celtic have almost always been knocked out there, only advancing once in 2012/13, reaching the last 16. The Scottish side have won just one of their last 21 Champions League matches, drawing five and losing 15.
Feyenoord vs Celtic predictions
Feyenoord vs Celtic: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||23/20 with Boylesports|
|Correct Score||1-0||15/2 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Calvin Stengs||7/1 with Lottoland|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Feyenoord vs Celtic predictions:
- Celtic have lost three of their last four away games against Dutch sides in European competition.
- Feyenoord won their last game in the competition 2-1 against Napoli in December 2017.
- Celtic have lost 58.3% of their Champions League games (42/72), the highest ratio of any side with at least 50 games in the competition.
- Since winning his first game in the competition with Liverpool in September 2014 (2-1 vs. Ludogorets), Brendan Rodgers has only overseen one victory in 17 games (five draws and 11 losses).
- Feyenoord scored and kept a clean sheet in three of their five home European games last season.
Feyenoord vs Celtic match tip
Although they haven’t been in the Champions League for a while, Feyenoord have still been playing in European football, and their matches have been a must-watch from the start. Not waiting for late arrivals, two of Feyenoord’s last five home European games saw a goals scored within the opening 10 minutes.
Feyenoord vs Celtic Bet-Builder tip
The Dutch champions are currently on a three-game winning streak at home in Europe while Celtic head into this contest having lost three of their last four away games against Dutch sides. Furthermore, the Rotterdammers’ defence is a steely one as they’ve kept three clean sheets across their last five home European games.
Feyenoord are currently on a three-game winning streak at home.
Feyenoord have kept three clean sheets across their last five home European games.
Feyenoord vs Celtic team news
Feyenoord’s top scorer Santiago Gimenez is missing through suspension after his red card against Roma in last season’s Europa League quarter-finals. He’s joined on the sidelines by injured goalkeeper Justin Bijlow while Antoni Milambo, Patrik Walemark and Ayase Ueda are doubtful. Reo Hatate made a cameo at the weekend for Celtic following injury and could feature here, but Cameron Carter-Vickers and Marco Tilio aren’t expected to be ready. Liel Abada is a long-term absentee.
Feyenoord vs Celtic head-to-head record
- 6 May 1970 – Feyenoord 2-1 Celtic – European Cup
The only previous meeting between Feyenoord and Celtic was in the 1970 European Cup final, with Feyenoord winning 2-1 to become the first Dutch side to lift the trophy.
Feyenoord vs Celtic Squawka Says
Recommended bet8:00 pm Tuesday September 19
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 15/2 Bet with Bet365 Free Bet Offers – Bet £10 get £30 when you sign up – October 2023
- Euro 2024 qualifying betting tips & predictions
- Football Accumulator tips
- Latest live streaming fixtures