Cyprus vs Scotland predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Cyprus and Scotland face off in a Euro 2024 qualifier on Friday at 7:45pm (UK time).
Cyprus vs Scotland odds
*Odds correct as of 19:30 on September 6
Currently eight points clear atop Group A, Scotland has made their best-ever start to a qualification campaign with victories against their four group opponents leaving them on the verge of qualifying for their second-consecutive European championship. An opening-round win over Cyprus (3-0) at home was followed by successes over Spain (2-0), Norway (2-1) and Georgia (2-0). Cyprus, meanwhile, enters this showdown as big underdogs, having won just three of their last 23 international matches since August 2021.
Cyprus vs Scotland predictions
Cyprus vs Scotland: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||27/20 with Unibet|
|Correct Score||1-3||11/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||John McGinn||11/2 with Paddy Power|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Cyprus vs Scotland predictions:
- Scotland have won five of their last nine away fixtures.
- Scotland have won seven of their last nine matches.
- Cyprus have lost six of their last ten home qualifying matches.
- Scotland have won all eight previous matches against Cyprus.
- Scotland saw over 2.5 goals scored in all eight victories against Cyprus.
Cyprus vs Scotland match tip
Scott McTominay has scored in three of Scotland’s last four international matches.
Cyprus vs Scotland Bet-Builder tip
Scotland has won five of their last nine away fixtures while Cyprus have lost six of their last ten home qualifying matches. Furthermore, the Scots have won all eight previous matches against Cyprus and in those victories they’ve seen over 2.5 goals scored.
Scotland have won five of their last nine away fixtures while Cyprus have lost six of their last ten home qualifying matches.
Scotland have won all eight previous matches against Cyprus and in those victories they've seen over 2.5 goals scored.
Cyprus vs Scotland team news
St Mirren defender Alex Gogić is set to earn his 22nd international cap, while Demetris Christofi — nine goals across 66 appearances — should lead their attack. After receiving a first-ever call-up, Newcastle midfielder Elliot Anderson has been forced to withdraw from Steve Clarke’s squad. Brighton midfielder Billy Gilmour is expected to come into Scotland’s starting XI after impressing in the Seagulls’ recent win against Newcastle.
Cyprus vs Scotland head-to-head record
- 25 Mar 2023 – Scotland 3-0 Cyprus – UEFA European Championship Qualifying
- 16 Nov 2019 – Cyprus 1-2 Scotland – UEFA European Championship Qualifying
- 08 Jun 2019 – Scotland 2-1 Cyprus – UEFA European Championship Qualifying
- 11 Nov 2011 – Cyprus 1-2 Scotland – International Friendly
- 26 Apr 1989 – Scotland 2-1 Cyprus – FIFA World Cup Qualifying
Scotland have won all eight previous matches against Cyprus.
Cyprus vs Scotland Squawka Says
Recommended bet7:45 pm Friday September 08
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 11/1 Bet with Bet365 Free Bet Offers – Bet £10 get £30 when you sign up – September 2023
- Euro 2024 qualifying betting tips & predictions
- Football Accumulator tips
- Latest live streaming fixtures