Cyprus vs Spain Euro 2024 predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Spain travel to Cyprus on Thursday looking to hold on to top spot in Euro 2024 qualification Group A (5pm UK time).
Cyprus vs Spain odds
*Odds correct as of 15:00 on November 15
Cyprus have suffered a disastrous qualifying campaign this time around, sitting bottom of Group A without a single point from seven games and a -23 goal difference. With that in mind, Spain are the last team they probably want to welcome to Kolossi on Thursday.
La Roja are top of the group with five wins and one defeat from six games, recovering from that loss against Scotland to win their last four qualifiers by a 16-1 aggregate scoreline; including a 6-0 victory the last time they faced Cyprus.
Cyprus vs Spain: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||33/100 with BetUK|
|Correct Score||Cyprus 0-5 Spain||7/1 with BetMGM|
|First Goalscorer||Alvaro Morata||12/5 with StarSports|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Cyprus vs Spain predictions:
- Spain have conceded just three goals in six qualifying matches so far.
- Cyprus, meanwhile, have only scored two in seven, conceding 25.
- Spain have won their last two fixtures against Cyprus by a 14-0 aggregate scoreline.
- No Spanish player has scored more opening goals than Alvaro Morata (2) this qualifying campaign.
- Morata is also Spain’s overall top scorer in qualifying with four goals.
Spain have won eight of their nine meetings with Cyprus, with six of those games featuring 5+ goals.
Kepa Arrizabalaga and Aymeric Laporte are both injured and, thus, absent from the squad, but Spain still boast immense quality in the likes of Rodri, Gavi and Alvaro Morata.
Cyprus vs Spain head-to-head record
- 12 September 2023 – Spain 6-0 Cyprus – European Championship Qualifying
- 8 September 1999 – Spain 8-0 Cyprus – European Championship Qualifying
- 5 September 1998 – Cyprus 3-2 Spain – European Championship Qualifying
- 6 September 1995 – Spain 6-0 Cyprus – European Championship Qualifying
- 7 September 1994 – Cyprus 1-2 Spain – European Championship Qualifying
Spain have won eight of their previous nine meetings, with Cyprus enjoying one famous 3-2 victory back in September 1998; a match that featured goals from Raul and Fernando Morientes for Spain.
Cyprus vs Spain: Squawka Says
Recommended bet5:00 pm Thursday November 16
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 7/1 Bet with BetMGM Bonus Code: Bet £10 Get £40 In Free Bets.