Crystal Palace vs Sheffield United Premier League predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Sheffield United will look to bolster their chances of safety when they travel to face Crystal Palace on Tuesday at 8pm (UK time).
Crystal Palace vs Sheffield United odds
*Odds correct as of 17:30 on January 22
Although there are still 17 games left, Sheffield United know they need to step things up if they are to harbour any hopes of safety this season. The Blades are bottom of the Premier League and seven points from safety, while 18th-placed Luton also have a game in hand. Sheffield United have won just two of their 21 games so far this season and go into this match winless in five since their victory over Brentford. They have lost three times and drawn twice, stealing a point against West Ham last time out thanks to an injury-time penalty.
Crystal Palace, meanwhile, are dropping down the table and though they sit five points above the relegation zone there are fears that they could be dragged into the battle. The Eagles are suffering under Roy Hodgson with just five wins this season — only the bottom three have won fewer matches — and 10 defeats. They have the third-worst attack and were thrashed 5-0 by Arsenal last time out, piling on the pressure.
Crystal Palace vs Sheffield United predictions
Crystal Palace vs Sheffield United: Predictions
|21/20 with BetGoodwin
|Crystal Palace 1-1 Sheffield United
|13/2 with Betfred
|11/2 with Boylesports
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Crystal Palace vs Sheffield United predictions:
- Sheffield United have won just two league games this season.
- Crystal Palace have won just two of their 11 home games across all competitions this season.
- Sheffield United are winless in their 10 league away games this season.
- Crystal Palace have conceded in each of their past six home league games.
- All three of Eberechi Eze’s league goals this season have come at Selhurst Park.
Crystal Palace vs Sheffield United match tip
This game doesn’t promise goals for the neutral. Although they scored twice last time out, Sheffield United remain the lowest scorers in the Premier League this season having netted just 17. Crystal Palace, meanwhile, aren’t much better with only the Blades and Burnley scoring fewer than their 22.
Crystal Palace vs Sheffield United team news
Crystal Palace team news
|Cheick Doucoure, Michael Olise, Jordan Ayew
|Rob Holding, Joel Ward, Jesurun Rak-Sakyi
Crystal Palace will be hoping for positive news surrounding Rob Holding, Joel Ward and Jesurun Rak-Sakyi before this game. However, Cheick Doucoure remains a long-term absentee, while there is no return date for Michael Olise just yet. Jordan Ayew remains on international duty.
Sheffield United team news
|Rhian Brewster, Yasser Larouci, Anis Ben Slimane, Chris Basham
|Tom Davies, Max Lowe
Max Lowe and Tom Davies could be back for this game, but Rhian Brewster is suspended for his red card against West Ham. Yasser Larouci and Anis Ben Slimane are at the Africa Cup of Nations.
Crystal Palace vs Sheffield United head-to-head record
- 12 August 2023 – Sheffield United 0-1 Crystal Palace – Premier League
- 8 May 2021 – Sheffield United 0-2 Crystal Palace – Premier League
- 2 January 2021 – Crystal Palace 2-0 Sheffield United – Premier League
- 1 February 2020 – Crystal Palace 0-1 Sheffield United – Premier League
- 18 August 2019 – Sheffield United 1-0 Crystal Palace – Premier League
After losing both league meetings in the 2019/20 season, Crystal Palace have won their last three games against Sheffield United. The Eagles haven’t won four in a row in this fixture since 1991.