Atletico Madrid v Celtic Champions League predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Atletico Madrid and Celtic go head-to-head in the Champions League on Tuesday at 8pm (UK time).
Atletico Madrid vs Celtic odds
*Odds correct as of 15:30 on November 3
Atletico Madrid had to come from behind twice in their 2-2 draw with Celtic on matchday three. The hosts subsequently find themselves second in Group E on five points, one behind Feyenoord heading into this latest round. Diego Simeone’s men began with a 1-1 draw at Lazio, when they conceded an equaliser to Lazio goalkeeper Ivan Provedel with the game’s final kick, but returned to successful ways through a 3-2 win over Feyenoord at home.
As for Celtic, they are on one point, three behind third-placed Lazio, having followed a 2-0 opening defeat at Feyenoord – a game they ended with nine players – with a 1-2 home defeat against Lazio, the winning goal coming five minutes into added time. Brendan Rodgers’ men secured their first point in the reverse fixture; Kyogo Furuhashi and Luis Palma twice put them in front only for Antoine Griezmann and Álvaro Morata to equalise on two occasions.
Atletico Madrid vs Celtic: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||19/20 with Casumo|
|Correct Score||3-1||9.5/1 with Casumo|
|First Goalscorer||Kyogo Furuhashi||12/1 with Casumo|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Atletico Madrid vs Celtic predictions:
- Celtic have kept just one clean sheet in their last 34 Champions League games.
- Both teams have scored in three of Atletico Madrid’s last four home Champions League matches.
- Celtic have lost their last six UEFA Champions League away games against Spanish sides.
- Atletico Madrid conceded the first goal in their last two Champions League home games.
- There’s been over three goals in each of Atletico Madrid’s last two Champions League home contests.
Antoine Griezmann has scored in his last two UEFA Champions League appearances.
Atletico Madrid team news
|–||Ivo Grbic, Samuel Dias Lino, Thomas Lemar, Rodrigo De Paul||Memphis Depay, Reinildo Mandava|
Rodrigo De Paul serves a suspension following a late red card in the reverse fixture. He joins Ivo Grbic, Samuel Dias Lino and Thomas Lemar on the sidelines while Memphis Depay and Reinildo Mandava are doubtful.
Celtic team news
|–||Reo Hatate, Liel Abada, Marco Tilio, James McCarthy||–|
No fewer than four players are missing for Celtic when they visit Spain with Reo Hatate, Liel Abada, Marco Tilio and James McCarthy all staying behind in their physio room.
Atletico Madrid vs Celtic head-to-head record
- 25/10/2023 – Celtic 2-2 Atletico Madrid – Champions League
- 30/11/2011 – Celtic 0-1 Atletico Madrid – Europa League
- 15/09/2011 – Atletico Madrid 2-0 Celtic – Europa League
- 02/10/1985 – Celtic 1-2 Atletico Madrid – Cup Winners Cup
- 18/09/1985 – Atletico Madrid 1-1 Celtic – Cup Winners Cup
Atletico Madrid remain unbeaten in their seven European meetings with Celtic (four wins and three draws), winning two of their three home games against the Bhoys (one draw).
Atletico Madrid vs Celtic: Squawka Says
Recommended bet8:00 pm Tuesday November 07
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 15/2 Bet with Casumo Sports Sign-up Offer: 100% Back as a Free Bet up to £25