Burnley v Crystal Palace Premier League predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Burnley and Crystal Palace face off in a Premier League showdown at Turf Moor on Saturday at 3pm (UK time).
Burnley vs Crystal Palace odds
*Odds correct as of 17:00 on November 03
It’s been a tough start to life back in the Premier League for Burnley, who have lost eight of their opening 10 games back in the top flight. The Clarets looked to have gotten on the right track with a late comeback win against Luton at the start of October, but have since followed it up with three straight defeats to Chelsea, Brentford and Bournemouth and a League Cup exit at the hands of fellow strugglers Everton. If that’s not bad enough, then a defeat here would see Vincent Kompany become just the second manager to lose each of his first six Premier League home games in charge, after Mick McCarthy who lost his first seven with Sunderland between March 2003 and August 2005.
Crystal Palace, meanwhile, are also without a win in their last three, as despite a later spirited comeback, they followed up a 0-0 draw with Nottingham Forest and 4-0 defeat to Newcastle with a 2-1 loss to current league leaders Tottenham at Selhurst Park. Jordan Ayew’s stoppage time consolation was their first goal in six Premier League matches however, as they’ve struggled without talented forwards Eberechi Eze and Michael Olise, who both remain injured.
Burnley vs Crystal Palace predictions
Burnley vs Crystal Palace: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||19/20 with Midnite|
|Correct Score||0-1||7/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Odsonne Édouard||11/2 with Betfair|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Burnley vs Crystal Palace predictions:
- Crystal Palace kept a clean sheet in two of their last five Premier League away games.
- Burnley have lost their five Premier League home games this season.
- Only Sheffield United (7) have scored fewer goals than both Burnley and Crystal Palace (8 each) in the Premier League this season.
- Odsonne Edouard (4) has scored twice as many league goals than any other Palace player this season.
- Crystal Palace opened the scoring in three of their last five Premier League away games.
Burnley vs Crystal Palace match tip
Only Sheffield United (7) have scored fewer goals than both Burnley and Crystal Palace (8 each) in the Premier League this season. Palace have only found the back of the net once in their last six league matches, while Burnley have scored just four goals in their five league games at Turf Moor this term.
Burnley vs Crystal Palace team news
Burnley team news
|–||Jordan Beyer, Manuel Benson, Michael Obafemi,||Hjalmar Ekdal|
Jordan Beyer, Michael Obafemi and Manuel Benson are ruled out while for the Clarets, while Hjalmar Ekdal remains doubtful. Defender Connor Roberts returned as a late sub against Everton in midweek, but may not be ready to play from the outset just yet.
Crystal Palace team news
|–||Michael Olise, Eberechi Eze, Dean Henderson, James Tomkins||–|
Dean Henderson and James Tomkins are missing for Crystal Palace alongside key attacking duo Eberechi Eze and Michael Olise.
Burnley vs Crystal Palace head-to-head record
- 26 Feb 2022 – Crystal Palace 1-1 Burnley – Premier League
- 20 Nov 2021 – Burnley 3-3 Crystal Palace – Premier League
- 13 Feb 2021 – Crystal Palace 0-3 Burnley – Premier League
- 23 Nov 2020 – Burnley 1-0 Crystal Palace – Premier League
- 29 Jun 2020 – Crystal Palace 0-1 Burnley – Premier League
Burnley are unbeaten in their past five meetings (two draws and three losses) with Crystal Palace after losing four on the bounce.