Bulgaria vs Hungary Euro 2024 qualifying predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Bulgaria and Hungary go head-to-head for a Euro 2024 qualifier on Thursday at 5pm (UK time).
Bulgaria vs Hungary odds
*Odds correct as of 14:45 on November 15
Hungary will be looking to book their place at the European Championship finals for a third consecutive tournament when they head to Bulgaria in midweek. With four wins and two draws from their opening six matches, the unbeaten Hungarians will need just a point from their final two games to ensure qualification after an impressive qualifying campaign.
Winning all three of their home matches against Bulgaria, Lithuania and Serbia as well as winning away at Serbia and drawing against Montenegro and Lithuania, means they are in the perfect position when they travel to face the bottom side in the group.
It has been a tough time for Bulgarian football, with the national side losing six of their last eight matches, including each of their last four. They are the only side yet to pick up a win in Group G and it’s unlikely that will change against Hungary, despite only conceding 10 goals in their six matches.
Bulgaria vs Hungary predictions
Bulgaria vs Hungary : Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||11/10 with Betfair|
|Correct Score||Bulgaria 1-2 Hungary||15/2 with BetGoodwin|
|First Goalscorer||Dominik Szoboszlai||11/2 with Bet365|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Bulgaria vs Hungary predictions:
- Hungary are unbeaten in Group G (W4, D2).
- Bulgaria are the only side in the group yet to win (D2, L4).
- Dominik Szoboszlai has scored twice in Euro 2024 qualifying.
- Bulgaria have lost each of their last four matches.
Bulgaria vs Hungary match tip
Barnabas Varga has scored four goals for Hungary in Euro 2024 qualifying but he has been injured since last month so misses out here. In his stead, it feels as though Dominik Szoboszlai will pick up a fair bit of the attacking responsibilities. The Liverpool man has two goals in qualifying so far, including one against Lithuania last time out.
Bulgaria vs Hungary team news
Ilia Gruev, Valentin Antov and Kiril Despodov are the only players to start all six of Bulgaria’s Euro 2024 qualifiers, while 19-year-old Nikola Iliev will be hoping to get more minutes.
Liverpool’s Dominik Szoboszlai has been the stand out player in qualifying for Hungary, and has to make up for the goals missed with Barnabas Varga’s injury.
Bulgaria vs Hungary head-to-head record
- 27 Mar 2023 – Hungary 3-0 Bulgaria – European Championship qualifier
- 08 Oct 2020 – Bulgaria 1-3 Hungary – Nations League
- 29 Feb 2012 – Hungary 1-1 Bulgaria – International friendly
- 08 Oct 2005 – Bulgaria 2-0 Hungary – World Cup qualifying
- 30 Mar 2005 – Hungary 1-1 Bulgaria – World Cup qualifying
Bulgaria have won just one of the previous six meetings between the two sides.
Bulgaria vs Hungary: Squawka Says
Recommended bet5:00 pm Thursday November 16
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 15/2 Bet with BetGoodwin Sign-Up Offer: 50% back as a free bet up to £25 on first day losses