Brighton vs Sheffield United Premier League predictions: tips, odds and team news
Brighton will be hoping to stop the rot when they host Sheffield United in the Premier League on Sunday at 2pm (UK time).
Brighton vs Sheffield United odds
*Odds correct as of 13:45 on November 11
After such a strong start to the new Premier League season, Brighton have hit a slump. The Seagulls are winless in their last five away league games, losing two and drawing three. Across all competitions, they have won just four of their last 12 matches, but that does include the historic win over Ajax in Amsterdam in midweek. They’ll be hoping to use momentum from that victory to secure a win against Sheffield United to put their poor run behind them.
The Blades finally celebrated a Premier League win last weekend, beating Wolves for their first league victory of the season. It’s been a disastrous return to the Premier League for Sheffield United who still sit bottom of the table, with just four points from their opening 11 games. Although they are level on points with Burnley, they are behind on goal difference, thanks in part to 5-0 and 8-0 thrashings at the hands of Arsenal and Newcastle respectively.
Brighton vs Sheffield United: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||17/20 with Midnite|
|Correct Score||Brighton 3-1 Sheffield United||10/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Evan Ferguson||4/1 with Sky Bet|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Brighton vs Sheffield United predictions:
- Both teams have scored in all 11 of Brighton’s Premier League matches this season.
- Despite being the lowest scorers, Sheffield United have scored at least once in seven of their 11 Premier League games.
- Only Man City (28), Newcastle (27) and Aston Villa (26) have scored more goals than Brighton (24) in the Premier League this season.
- Only the bottom four have conceded more goals than Brighton (20), while Sheffield United have the worst defensive record (30).
- Evan Ferguson is Brighton’s top Premier League goalscorer this season with five goals.
Sheffield United have four points from 11 Premier League games this season, but Brighton are yet to keep a clean sheet in the league, so expect the visitors to get on the scoresheet purely as a consolation.
Brighton team news
|–||Julio Enciso, Tariq Lamptey, Pervis Estupinan, James Milner, Lewis Dunk, Danny Welbeck, Solly March, Jakub Moder||–|
Julio Enciso and Tariq Lamptey remain out while Solly March looks like he’ll face an extended period on the sidelines with a knee injury. Brighton will also be without James Milner, Pervis Estupinan and Lewis Dunk after they came off injured against Ajax in Amsterdam.
Sheffield United team news
|–||Chris Basham, Max Lowe, Rhian Brewster, Rhys Norrington-Davies, John Egan, Tom Davies, Daniel Jebbison||Anel Ahmedhodzic, Oliver McBurnie, Gustavo Hamer|
Sheffield United are without Chris Basham long-term but will hope the likes of Oliver McBurnie and Anel Ahmedhozic can return for this match.
Brighton vs Sheffield United head-to-head record
- 24 April 2021 – Sheffield United 1-0 Brighton – Premier League
- 20 December 2020 – Brighton 1-1 Sheffield United – Premier League
- 22 February 2020 – Sheffield United 1-1 Brighton – Premier League
- 21 December 2019 – Brighton 0-1 Sheffield United – Premier League
- 21 January 2006 – Sheffield United 3-1 Brighton – Championship
Brighton have taken just two points from their last six league games against Sheffield United, last beating the Blades in a Championship fixture back in January 2005. Of course, the two sides are at very different stages right now.
Brighton vs Sheffield United Squawka Says
Recommended bet2:00 pm Sunday November 12
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 10/1 Bet with Bet365 Free Bet Offers – Bet £10 get £30 when you sign up – December 2023