Bournemouth vs Aston Villa Premier League predictions: Tips, odds and match preview
Bournemouth and Aston Villa meet in a Premier League showdown at the Vitality Stadium on Sunday at 2pm (UK time).
Bournemouth vs Aston Villa predictions
Bournemouth vs Aston Villa: Predictions
|4/9 with Sky Bet
|Bournemouth 1-2 Aston Villa
|17/2 with Bet365
|15/2 with Boylesports
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Bournemouth vs Aston Villa predictions:
- Bournemouth have kept two clean sheets across their last 13 league matches at home.
- Aston Villa have kept one clean sheet across their last 11 league matches on the road.
- Bournemouth are on a two-game unbeaten Premier League run at home.
- Dominic Solanke has netted the opening goal in two of Bournemouth’s last three Premier League home matches.
- Aston Villa have won their last four games across all competitions, and seven of their last eight.
Bournemouth vs Aston Villa match tip
At least three goals have been scored in seven of Villa’s last eight matches across all competitions, including their last four. Despite their excellent form, Unai Emery’s side are on a run of nine games without a clean sheet. Bournemouth, meanwhile, have just one clean sheet in their last eight matches across all competitions.
Bournemouth vs Aston Villa odds
*Odds correct as of 15:20 on December 2
Bournemouth have clawed themselves up to 16th in the table with a seven-point gap opened up between themselves and the bottom three thanks to an unlikely run of three wins from their past four Premier League games having failed to taste victory in any of their opening nine. The most important facet of that run is the Cherries beating direct rivals Burnley and, most recently, Sheffield United, while they also recovered from a 6-1 drubbing to Man City by picking up a shock 2-0 win at home to Newcastle just before the international break.
As for Villa, there appears to be no stopping them right now. Unai Emery’s men have won all four of their games since the shock 2-0 loss to Nottingham Forest, including 3-1 and 2-1 Premier League wins over Fulham and Tottenham, respectively. Looking further back, Villa have lost just one of their last 11 games, while they now sit fourth in the Premier League, just two points adrift of Arsenal.
Bournemouth vs Aston Villa team news
Bournemouth team news
|Tyler Adams, Alex Scott, Ryan Fredericks, Emiliano Marcondes, Max Aarons, Darren Randolph, Lloyd Kelly
No fewer than seven players are expected to miss out for Bournemouth with Tyler Adams, Alex Scott, Ryan Fredericks and Max Aarons among them.
Aston Villa team news
|Emiliano Buendia, Tyrone Mings, Boubacar Kamara, Bertrand Traore
Only the long-term absentees Emiliano Buendia, Bertrand Traore and Tyrone Mings — alongside the suspended Boubacar Kamara — are missing for Aston Villa. Jacob Ramsey has featured from the bench against both Spurs and Legia Warsaw recently and will hope for a more extended role. Ollie Watkins faces a late fitness test.
Bournemouth vs Aston Villa head-to-head record
- 18 March 2023 – Aston Villa 3-0 Bournemouth – Premier League
- 6 August 2022 – Bournemouth 2-0 Aston Villa – Premier League
- 1 February 2020 – Bournemouth 2-1 Aston Villa – Premier League
- 17 August 2019 – Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth – Premier League
- 9 April 2016 – Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth – Premier League
Aston Villa won the last meeting against Bournemouth after losing four on the bounce.