Bosnia-Herzegovina v Portugal Euro 2024 qualifier predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Bosnia-Herzegovina and Portugal face off in a Euro 2024 qualifying showdown at the Bilino Polje Stadium on Monday (7:45pm, UK time).
Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Portugal odds
*Odds correct as of 14:00 on October 14
Portugal were heading towards a routine win over Slovakia before their Group J rivals made it very interesting down the final stretch. Roberto Martinez’s side nevertheless held on to secure a 3-2 win subsequently booking their place at next summer’s European Championship with seven wins from seven. Cristiano Ronaldo became the first men’s player in football history to score 125 international goals with his brace in that game, while former Manchester United teammate Bruno Fernandes has been directly involved in more goals than any other player in Euro 2024 qualifying (11) with another two assists.
Bosnia-Herzegovina, meanwhile, are guaranteed at least a play-off spot despite languishing in fourth and four points below second-place Slovakia. After three straight defeats, they have now won two of their last three matches,currently sitting two points behind Slovakia in second.
Euro 2024 qualifying Group J table
- Portugal: 7 games, 21 points
- Slovakia: 7 games, 13 points
- Luxembourg: 7 games, 11 points
- Bosnia-Herzegovina: 7 games, 9 points
- Iceland: 7 games, 7 points
- Liechtenstein: 7 games, 0 points
Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Portugal predictions
Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Portugal: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||10/11 with Sky Bet|
|Correct Score||1-4||25/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Bruno Fernandes||13/2 with Betfair|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Portugal predictions:
- Bosnia-Herzegovina scored in six of their last seven home games.
- Portugal are averaging over 3.5 goals per game in this Euro qualifying campaign.
- Bosnia-Herzegovina have kept one clean sheet across their last six Euro qualifying home games.
- Portugal scored the opening goal in each of their last six matches.
- Bruno Fernandes has provided more assists than any other player in Euro 2024 qualifying.
Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Portugal match tip
Bruno Fernandes has excelled in qualifying, providing seven assists, which is more than any other player and scoring four goals in his seven appearances. The Manchester United man has also created more chances (29) and more big chances (9) than any other player in qualification.
Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Portugal team news
Savo Milosevic is expected to make few changes if any from the side which ran out 2-0 winners at Liechtenstein days earlier. Edin Dzeko continues to lead Bosnia’s attack with Miralem Pjanic pulling the strings in midfield.
With qualification secured Roberto Martínez could hand starts to several fringe players. Rúben Neves, João Félix and Diogo Jota all came off the bench in the 3-2 win over Slovakia and could feature here.
Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Portugal head-to-head record
- 17 Jun 2023 – Portugal 3-0 Bosnia-Herzegovina – UEFA Euro qualifying
- 15 Nov 2011 – Portugal 6-2 Bosnia-Herzegovina – UEFA Euro qualifying
- 11 Nov 2011 – Bosnia-Herzegovina 0-0 Portugal – UEFA Euro qualifying
- 18 Nov 2009 – Bosnia-Herzegovina 0-1 Portugal – World Cup qualifying
- 14 Nov 2009 – Portugal 1-0 Bosnia-Herzegovina – World Cup qualifying
Portugal are unbeaten against Bosnia-Herzegovina (four wins and one draw).