Australia vs New Zealand predictions: tips, odds & team news
Oceania rivals Australia and New Zealand meet for an international friendly at Brentford’s Gtech Community Stadium on Tuesday at 7:45pm (UK time).
Australia vs New Zealand odds
For Australia, this match represents the second in a two-legged stop in London this international window. The Socceroos put up a great fight in their previous match, only going down 1-0 to England at Wembley and attempting 14 shots to the hosts’ nine. That said, the fact remains that Australia are now four games without a win. As for New Zealand, this is their only game this window and they enter on a run of just one win in their last eight internationals.
Australia vs New Zealand: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||8/11 with Sky Bet|
|Correct Score||Australia 2-0 New Zealand||11/2 with Boylesports|
|First Goalscorer||Mitchell Duke||9/2 with Sky Bet|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Australia vs New Zealand predictions:
- Australia have won their last four matches against New Zealand, conceding just once along the way.
- Mitchell Duke opened the scoring in their last meeting in September 2022.
- New Zealand haven’t beaten Australia since July 2002.
- New Zealand have won just one of their last eight matches.
Australia are unbeaten in their last six matches against New Zealand. However, they’ve scored just three goals in their last four matches across all competitions.
Graham Arnold is likely to field a similar XI to that which pushed England all the way on Friday. Nottingham Forest striker Chris Wood will carry the main threat for New Zealand, but he’s the only player in this squad with more than four goals to his name.
Australia vs New Zealand head-to-head record
- 25/09/22 – New Zealand 0-2 Australia – Friendly
- 22/09/22 – Australia 1-0 New Zealand – Friendly
- 05/06/11 – Australia 3-0 New Zealand – Friendly
- 24/05/10 – Australia 2-1 New Zealand – Friendly
- 09/06/05 – Australia 1-1 New Zealand – Friendly
New Zealand haven’t beaten Australia since July 2002, and that was their only victory in this fixture since the turn of the millennium.