Arsenal vs Sheffield United Premier League predictions: tips, odds & team news
Arsenal host Sheffield United in the Premier League on Saturday at 3pm (UK time).
Arsenal vs Sheffield United odds
Odds correct as of 15:30 on October 27 | 18+ only. BeGambleAware.
Having rescued their unbeaten start to the season with two late goals from Declan Rice and Leandro Trossard to earn a 2-2 draw against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last weekend, Arsenal will be hoping to get back to winning ways against a Sheffield United side that currently sit rock bottom of the Premier League table. The Gunners go into the weekend’s matches in third, level on points with Man City in second and are looking to record consecutive home clean sheets in the league for the first time since December 2021, after their 1-0 win against Man City before the international break.
As for Sheffield United, they’ve endured a wretched return to the Premier League so far, sitting bottom of the table with just a single point to their name. The Blades join Bournemouth as the only remaining sides without a win, while they’re currently enduring a five-game losing run which includes that 8-0 humiliation at home to Newcastle United. Things don’t get any easier for them this weekend, as they head to an Arsenal side that are unbeaten in their last 36 Premier League home games against promoted sides (W31 D5) and unbeaten their last 18 home games against the Blades (W13 D5).
Arsenal vs Sheffield United: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||3/5 with BetUK|
|Correct Score||Arsenal 3-0 Sheffield United||6/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Gabriel Martinelli||11/2 with Boylesports|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Arsenal vs Sheffield United predictions:
- No team has kept more clean sheets in the Premier League this season than Arsenal (4).
- Only Bournemouth (6) have scored fewer goals than Sheffield United this season (7).
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 36 Premier League home games against promoted sides (W31 D5)
- The Gunners are also unbeaten their last 18 home games against the Blades (W13 D5).
- Gabriel Martinelli has two goals in three career appearances vs Sheffield United.
Arsenal have kept a league-high four clean sheets so far this season, while only Bournemouth (6) have scored fewer goals than Sheffield United in the Premier League this season (7). The Gunners are unbeaten in their last 36 Premier League home games against promoted sides (W31 D5) and are looking to record consecutive home clean sheets in the league for the first time since December 2021.
Arsenal team news
|–||Jurrien Timber||Gabriel Jesus, Thomas Partey|
Arsenal will remain without Jurrien Timber for this match, while Gabriel Jesus, who was forced off against Sevilla in midweek, and Thomas Partey, who missed the game with a muscle injury are both doubts. Bukayo Saka is looking to become the first Englishman to score or assist in seven consecutive league games for the Gunners since Ian Wright in November 1994.
Sheffield United team news
|–||Chris Basham, John Egan, Anel Ahmedhodzic, Tom Davies||–|
Paul Heckingbottom has problems in defence with both John Egan and Anel Ahmedhodzic both ruled out and Chris Basham out long-term after his leg break against Fulham. Auston Trusty is set to face his former side and make his first ever Premier League start at the Emirates, despite spending a season in North London.
Arsenal vs Sheffield United head-to-head record
- 11/04/21 – Sheffield United 0-3 Arsenal – Premier League
- 04/10/20 – Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United – Premier League
- 28/06/20 – Sheffield United 1-2 Arsenal – FA Cup
- 18/01/20 – Arsenal 1-1 Sheffield United – Premier League
- 21/10/19 – Sheffield United 1-0 Arsenal – Premier League
Sheffield United are winless in their last four meetings with Arsenal and have tasted victory against the Gunners just twice since the turn of the Millennium.
Arsenal vs Sheffield United Squawka Says
Recommended bet3:00 pm Saturday October 28
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 13/2 Bet with Bet365 Free Bet Offers – Bet £10 get £30 when you sign up – December 2023