Everton vs Sheffield Wednesday: Betting tips, predictions, odds & match preview
Everton’s bid to end their long trophy drought continues when they host Sheffield Wednesday in the FA Cup fourth round on Sunday at 8:00pm (UK time).
Everton vs Sheffield Wednesday: Betting Tips
- Cenk Tosun to score first in 90 minutes @ 7/2 with Skybet
- Everton leading after 15 minutes @ 16/5 with William Hill
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
Everton vs Sheffield Wednesday: Predictions
The Toffees haven’t lifted a piece of silverware since the 1995 FA Cup — the longest trophy drought in their history by far. However, Carlo Ancelotti looks to be building the strongest Everton side in over a decade and fans are now living in genuine hope of getting back among major honours.
Everton have won six of their last eight games across all competitions, with their only defeats coming against West Ham in the Premier League and Manchester United in the EFL Cup quarter-final. Ancelotti’s one worry will be that those defeats both came at Goodison Park.
Sheffield Wednesday head to Merseyside on a five-game unbeaten run, winning four and drawing once, including a 2-0 win over Exeter in the previous round of this competition.
That represents a huge turnaround in form for the Owls, who had won just one of their last 14 games prior to this current run, losing nine and drawing the other four.
CLAIM HERE. Get up to £100 in Bet Credits. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. 18+ Only. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Everton vs Sheffield Wednesday: Match Stats
- Everton have won their last two meetings with Sheffield Wednesday with a 5-0 aggregate scoreline.
- The Toffees are also unbeaten in their last four games against the Owls, whose last victory against Everton came at Goodison Park in April 1999.
- Cenk Tosun started up-front in the previous round of the FA Cup, opening the scoring in a 2-1 win over Rotherham.
- Everton have opened the scoring within the first 10 minutes of their last two matches.
- Ancelotti’s side have conceded the fifth-lowest number of goals (21) in the Premier League this season.
Everton vs Sheffield Wednesday: Squawka Says
Scoreline prediction: Everton 3-0 Sheffield Wednesday
Everton vs Sheffield Wednesday: Head to Head
24 September 2019 – Sheffield Wednesday 0-2 Everton (League Cup)
26 September 2007 – Sheffield Wednesday 0-3 Everton (League Cup)
04 March 2000 – Everton 1-1 Sheffield Wednesday (Premier League)
11 September 1999 – Sheffield Wednesday 0-2 Everton (Premier League)
05 April 1999 – Everton 1-2 Sheffield Wednesday
This is just the third meeting between these two sides since Sheffield Wednesday were relegated from the Premier League in 2000. The Toffees have won the previous two, scoring five goals and keeping two clean sheets.
Premier League predictions & tips
Football Accumulator tips
Latest live streaming fixtures