Croatia vs Scotland: Betting tips, predictions, odds & match preview
Croatia and Scotland will look to keep their Euro 2020 campaign alive when they meet at Hampden Park on Tuesday at 8pm (UK time).
Croatia vs Scotland: Predictions
That said, Steve Clarke’s side will also be drawing confidence from a hard-earned and impressive 0-0 draw with England at Wembley on Friday. Scotland defended well and frustrated the Three Lions, creating a couple of half-chances of their own. But with one point from two games and little in the way of serious goalmouth action, there needs to be a real improvement in the final third if they’re to progress into the European Championships knockout rounds for the first time.After a disappointing 1-0 defeat to England in their opening game — where Croatia were kept at arm’s length throughout — Zlatko Dalic’s men could only manage a 1-1 draw with the Czech Republic last time out. But they did manage to come from behind to earn that point and the 2018 World Cup finalists will fancy their chances against a Scotland side without a goal at this tournament so far.
NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY. FIRST SINGLE & E/W BET ONLY. 5P MINIMUM STAKE. ODDS OF 1/1 OR GREATER. 3 X £10 BET TOKENS. FREE BET STAKES NOT INCLUDED IN RETURNS. FREE BETS EXCLUDE VIRTUALS. FREE BETS ARE NON WITHDRAWABLE. FREE BETS EXPIRE AFTER 30 DAYS. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS AND FURTHER T&CS APPLY. 18+. BEGAMBLEAWARE.ORG
New Customers only. Bet £10* & Get £30* in Free Bets. Sign up, deposit between £5* and £10* to your account and bet365 will give you three times that value in Free Bets when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. Registration required.
Croatia vs Scotland: Match Stats
- Ivan Perisic has scored three of Croatia’s last five goals at major tournaments, including the equaliser against the Czech Republic last time out.
- Scotland are yet to score a goal at this tournament despite having six shots on target and 30 shots in total across their two games.
- Steve Clarke’s men are one of just two sides without a goal at Euro 2020 alongside Turkey.
- Scotland have never progressed to the knockout rounds of a major tournament and have won just two of their eight European Championships games to date.
- Croatia have made the knockout rounds in three of their five European Championships appearances so far, but have never gone beyond the quarter-finals.
- John McGinn picked up more yellow cards (12) than any other Aston Villa player in the Premier League last season.
Croatia vs Scotland: Corner Stats
Croatia have won five corners at this tournament, four of which came against the Czech Republic in their last match. Scotland have had 11 corners at Euro 2020 so far, including six against England at Wembley.
Croatia vs Scotland: Cards Stats
Croatia picked up three yellow cards during their defeat to England, while Dejan Lovren was booked against the Czech Republic. John McGinn and Stephen O’Donnell both picked up yellow cards at Wembley after Scotland had avoided any bookings in their opening game.
Croatia vs Scotland: Squawka Says
Scoreline prediction: Croatia 1-0 Scotland
Croatia vs Scotland: Odds
Croatia vs Scotland: Head to Head
15 October 2013 – Scotland 2-0 Croatia – World Cup qualifying
07 June 2013 – Croatia 0-1 Scotland – World Cup qualifying
26 March 2008 – Scotland 1-1 Croatia – International friendly
01 September 2001 – Scotland 0-0 Croatia – World Cup qualifying
11 October 2000 – Croatia 1-1 Scotland – World Cup qualifying
This will be just the sixth meeting between these two nations. Scotland are yet to taste defeat against Croatia, winning their last two meetings and drawing the other three, though they haven’t faced each other since October 2013.