Coventry vs Middlesbrough predictions: tips, odds & team news
Coventry and Middlesbrough continue their 2023/24 Championship campaign when they meet at the Coventry Building Society Arena on Saturday (12:30pm, UK time).
Coventry vs Middlesbrough odds
Both teams, who reached last season’s playoffs, are chasing a first win following opening-round losses. Coventry, a win away from Premier League football, suffered a 2-1 defeat to Leicester who dropped in from England’s top division. Kasey Palmer and Ben Sheaf saw yellow in that setback. Boro, meanwhile, were goalless in their 1-0 home defeat against Millwall. Seny Dieng, who joined from QPR, made his debut in goal but there was no place for last season’s top scorer Chuba Akpom.
Coventry vs Middlesbrough predictions
Coventry vs Middlesbrough: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||8/11 with Bet365|
|Correct Score||2-1||9/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Chuba Akpom||5/1 with Unibet|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Coventry vs Middlesbrough predictions:
- Coventry scored at least two goals in three of their last five Championship home matches.
- Middlesbrough lost three of their last five Championship away matches.
- Middlesbrough scored in two of those aforementioned three Championship losses on the road.
- Chuba Akpom opened the scoring nine times last season.
- Coventry kept two clean sheets across their last eight Championship home matches.
Coventry vs Middlesbrough match tip
Coventry has failed to score Over 3.5 goals in each of their last 29 home Championship games
Coventry vs Middlesbrough Bet-Builder tip
Three of Coventry’s last four home Championship wins have been by a one-goal margin. Middlesbrough, meanwhile, scored in two of their last three Championship losses on the road.
Three of Coventry's last four home Championship wins have been by a one-goal margin.
Coventry scored in four of their last five Championship home games and Middlesbrough scored in two of their last three Championship losses on the road.
Coventry vs Middlesbrough team news
There shouldn’t be too many changes from Mark Robins’ starting lineup following their opening weekend loss. Callum O’Hare (knee), though, remains a long-term absentee.
Coventry team news
Sam Silvera and Jonathan Howson are both pushing for starts. Chuba Akpom, an unused substitute in the Millwall loss, is another who can make Carrick’s starting lineup.
Middlesbrough team news
Coventry vs Middlesbrough head-to-head record
- 17 May 2023 – Middlesbrough 0-1 Coventry City – Championship Play-Offs
- 14 May 2023 – Coventry City 0-0 Middlesbrough – Championship Play-Offs
- 08 May 2023 – Middlesbrough 1-1 Coventry City – Championship
- 01 Oct 2022 – Coventry City 1-0 Middlesbrough – Championship
- 29 Jan 2022 – Middlesbrough 1-0 Coventry City – Championship
Coventry vs Middlesbrough Squawka Says
Recommended bet12:30 pm Saturday August 12
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 9/1 Bet with Bet365 Free Bet Offers – Bet £10 get £30 when you sign up – October 2023