Brazil vs Switzerland: Betting tips, predictions, odds & match preview
Brazil and Switzerland meet for the second time in as many tournaments on Monday night, with both nations looking build on opening 2022 World Cup wins (4pm kick-off, UK time).
Brazil vs Switzerland: Betting tips
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
Brazil vs Switzerland: Predictions
Brazil vs Switzerland: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||19/20 with Bet365|
|Correct score||3-1||12/1 with Bet365|
It was a tinderbox affair four years ago between Brazil and Switzerland in the 2014 World Cup, with Neymar getting fouled him 10 times — the highest figure for a single player at a World Cup since 1998 — and that bad blood is likely to make Monday’s showdown a tempestuous yet fascinating clash.
Neymar was given similar treatment earlier this week as Serbia hacked away at his ankles, which resulted in the PSG star going off injured and looking visibly distressed. Whether he plays on Monday remains to be seen, but Tite is certainly not short of back-up options, boasting an elite insurance policy on the bench.
The likes of Gabriel Jesus, Antony, Gabriel Martinelli and Rodrygo all started on the touchline in the 2-0 win over Serbia, underlining the full scope of Tite’s arsenal. Switzerland meanwhile were made to work for a 1-0 win over Cameroon, and they will feel confident of getting a result against Brazil given what happened in 2018.
Bet365 welcome offer: Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets
Not signed up to bet365 yet? Here's how to claim one of the best bookmaker welcome offers around...
- Open an account (here's a link)
- Make a qualifying deposit of between £5* and £10*
- Claim the offer to receive three times your deposit in 'Free Bets'.
- To release your 'Free Bets', place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit and allow those bets to settle.
- Your 'Free Bets' will become available shortly after your qualifying bets have settled
- To use your 'Free Bets', select 'Use bet credits' in the bet slip.
New Customers only. Bet £10* & Get £30* in Free Bets. Sign up, deposit between £5* and £10* to your account and bet365 will give you three times that value in Free Bets when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. 18+ only. begambleaware.org
Brazil vs Switzerland match stats
As mentioned, Neymar was fouled a quite ridiculous 10 times against Switzerland in the group stages of the last World Cup. In total they fouled Brazil 19 times. With Granit Xhaka’s enthusiasm always good for a foul or two, Brazil will likely come in for a similar level of physicality. That could work in the European’s favour, as it did four years ago, or Brazil could capitalise on the rough-housing, especially in the box. Don’t be surprised to see the referee point to the spot at some stage. Richarlison will certainly be putting him name forward for any spot-kick activity. Following his brace against Serbia, the Spurs man has now scored 19 goals in his 39 appearances for the nation.
Brazil vs Switzerland: Squawka Says
Scoreline prediction: Brazil 3-1 Switzerland
Recommended bet4:00 pm Monday November 28
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 12/1 Claim Here
Brazil vs Switzerland head-to-head
17 Jun 2018 – Brazil 1-1 Switzerland – World Cup
14 Aug 2013 – Switzerland 1-0 Brazil – International Friendly
15 Nov 2006 – Switzerland 1-2 Brazil – International Friendly
21 Jun 1989 – Switzerland 1-0 Brazil – International Friendly
17 Jun 1983 – Switzerland 1-2 Brazil – International Friendly
The only competitive games between these two nations came in that aforementioned 1-1 draw during the last World Cup, with Philippe Coutinho scoring for Brazil and Steven Zuber equalising, and the 1950 World Cup. Brazil famously reached the final, but even then, they could only draw with Switzerland 2-2. Alfredo and Baltazar got the goals for the South Americans, while Jacques Fatton bagged a brace for the Swiss.
Bet365 Bore Draw Money Back offer: Money back on selected markets if the game finishes 0-0
Bet365 are offering new and existing customers the chance to get money back on losing bets in selected markets if your game finishes goalless.
- Go to Bet365 via this link
- Log-in or sign up using the Bet365 new customer offer
- Place a pre-match Correct Score, Half Time/Full Time or Scorecast bet on ANY Soccer match.
- If the game finishes 0-0 and the bet loses, Bet365 will refund your stake.
- Bets placed from your Withdrawable Balance will be refunded to your Withdrawable Balance and bets placed using Bet Credits will be refunded as Bet Credits.
- Read Full T&Cs here
18+ only. Refund for any Soccer game that finishes 0-0. Only available to new and eligible customers. Bet restrictions and T&Cs apply.
- 2022 World Cup predictions & tips
- World Cup betting offers, free bets & sites
- World Cup 2022 outright odds: Favourites, group winners, finalist and winner odds
- World Cup TV schedule: Which matches are on BBC and ITV today