Porto will look to stay in the Primeira Liga title hunt when they travel to arch-rivals Benfica on Thursday at 6:30pm (UK time).
The Dragons currently sit second in the table, six points behind unbeaten leaders Sporting CP and four ahead of their hosts for this match.
How to live stream Benfica vs Porto online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Benfica vs Porto live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (12:00, 04/05/21).
Where to watch Benfica vs Porto on TV:
- UK: Benfica TV International
- US: GolTV
Scoreline prediction: Benfica 1-1 Porto
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Benfica vs Porto build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Although Benfica have lost just one of their last 14 Primeira Liga matches, they’ve drawn three times during that run. That, coupled with the consistency of their fiercest rivals above them, means Jorge Jesus’ side are already out of the title race in all but mathematical certainty. Fans will be extremely conflicted heading into this one, keen to get one over on Porto but aware that a victory here will effectively hand the title to their Lisbon rivals for the first time since 2002.
Porto haven’t lost a single league match since October but have fallen to some disappointing draws since then, including against Sporting back in February. With the league leaders maintaining an unbeaten record and failing to blink so far, Sergio Conceicao’s men have been unable to land a glove on them in the title race. Defeat for Porto to Benfica here will likely be the final nail in the coffin of their title retention hopes.
- Benfica (vs Tondela): Leite; Gilberto, Verissimo, Vertonghen, Grimaldo; Silva, Pizzi, Pires, Everton; Waldschmidt, Seferovic.
- Porto (vs Famalicao): Marchesin; Corona*, Mbemba, Leite, Manafa; Conceicao, Uribe, Grujic, Otavio; Martinez, Taremi.
Andre Almeida has missed most of the season with a cruciate ligament rupture and he remains out of action, while Andreas Samaris, Joao Ferreira and Adel Taarabt are also out of contention for the hosts. Darwin Nunez is a doubt.
Back-up goalkeeper Mouhamed Mbaye remains sidelined for Porto, while Jesus Corona is also a doubt.
Players to watch:
- Benfica: Haris Seferovic provided the assist for Alex Grimaldo’s opening goal in a 1-1 draw the last time these two sides met back in January but since then, it’s been him leading the charge in the 18-yard-box. Seferovic has been scoring braces for fun in league play recently, extending his total to 18 goals in 27 appearances, only 20 of which have come from the start. The Switzerland international is now one clear of Sporting’s Pedro Goncalves in the Golden Boot race and he’ll be looking to keep his rival at arm’s length with another goal here.
- Porto: Veteran centre-back Pepe will be the man tasked with stopping Seferovic. He might be 38 years old, but the former Real Madrid man has still been a colossus at the back for Porto, averaging more clearances (3.1) and aerial duels won (2.7) per 90 minutes than any teammate with more than 950 minutes to their name. Of course, it should come as no surprise that Pepe has also picked up five yellow cards in 23 Primeira Liga appearances, a total that actually seems quite modest by his standards. But it’s his famously robust approach that stands the best chance of keeping Seferovic at bay on Thursday.
Primeira Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Benfica: WWWLW
- Porto: WDWWW
More live stream options: