Benfica welcome Paços Ferreira to Estádio da Luz for a Liga NOS clash on Sunday evening (8pm kick-off UK time).
Jorge Jesus’ men ended a two-match losing streak last weekend when they ran out narrow 2-1 winners at Marítimo, subsequently leaving them third in the table, four points behind city rivals Sporting CP.
As for their visitors this weekend, Paços Ferreira are on a roll. The Beavers have won their last three Primeira Liga matches on the bounce, stretching their unbeaten run to five. Can they make it four league wins in a row or will Benfica go back-to-back themselves?
Where to watch Benfica vs Paços Ferreira on TV:
- UK: LiveScore App
- US: GOLTV
Where to live stream Benfica vs Paços Ferreira:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Benfica vs Paços Ferreira live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (12:30, 04/12/20)
Benfica & Paços Ferreira’s previous line-ups:
- Benfica (vs Lech Poznan): Vlachodimos; Gilberto, Otamendi, Vertonghen, Grimaldo; Gabriel, Chiquinho; Rafa, Pizzi, Éverton; Núñez.
- Paços Ferreira (vs Moreirense): Jordi; Fonseca, Marcelo, Baixinho, Reabciuk; Costa, Eustáquio, Luíz Carlos; Ferreira, Tanque, Singh.
Jean-Clair Todibo (thigh) and Andre Almeida (knee) are both absent for Benfica with the latter out for the entire season. Adel Taarabt, meanwhile, sits this game out due to illness. As for the visitors, Jorge Silva (muscle) and Dor Jan (ankle) will not be visiting the nation’s capital this weekend.
Players to watch:
- Benfica: Among the biggest movers in the summer transfer market was Portuguese giants Benfica, who are seeking to reclaim the championship, what would be a sixth title in eight seasons. A key component in their pursuit will be Brazilian winger Everton, a player that has interested several European giants since bursting onto the scene at boyhood club Grêmio where he lifted a Copa Libertadores crown. So far this season he’s been involved in five goals for the Lisbon-based team scoring twice and registering three assists. He will once again be expected to play a crucial role for the Eagles as they seek back-to-back league wins.
- Paços Ferreira: Even though four points currently separate these two sides, there’s still a gap when it comes to quality of personnel available to both managers. Beavers boss Pepa knows containment and recycling possession thus setting-up counterattacks is a possible route to success. Having someone of Stephen Eustáquio‘s ilk at his disposal could pay dividends. The 23-year-old defensive midfielder presently averages 47 passes per-game this season whilst producing 2.6 tackles and 2 interceptions. Being stationed in the middle of the park, the onus will be on him to control proceedings, will he be able to muster that?
Liga NOS 2019/20 recent form:
- Benfica: WLLWW
- Paços Ferreira: WWWDW
Scoreline prediction: Benfica 2-1 Paços Ferreira
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
More live stream options: