One of Euro 2020’s big teams will bow out on Sunday when Belgium face Portugal in the last-16 at 8pm (UK time).
Belgium topped their group with three wins from three matches, while defending champions Portugal went through as one of the best third-placed teams.
Where to watch Belgium vs Portugal on TV:
- UK: ITV 1
- US: ESPN3
18+ ONLY, NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY, FIRST SINGLE & E/W BET ONLY, 5p MINIMUM STAKE, 3 x £10 BET TOKENS, FREE BET STAKES NOT INCLUDED IN RETURNS, FREE BETS EXCLUDE VIRTUALS, FREE BETS ARE NON WITHDRAWABLE, NO FREE BET EXPIRY, ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS AND FURTHER T&CS APPLY, BEGAMBLEAWARE.ORG.
18+ only. New customers only. UK only. Deposit £20 to receive free bets of £40. Free bets credited as four equal free bets of £10 each. All free bets unlocked when a total of £20 in of sports bets are placed and settled within qualifying period of 7 days. Minimum deposit amount is £20. Promotion T&Cs apply. Standard T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
18+ only. New members. £10 min deposit & bet on sportsbook, placed & settled at 1.5 min odds within 14 days of sign-up. Win part of E/W bets. 2 non-withdrawable £10 Free Bet Tokens: accept in 7 days, valid for 7 days from acceptance (ex. E/Ws & Multiples), stakes not returned. Click here for Rules & Exclusions. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.
18+ only. A £10 Sportsbook free bet plus a £10 Exchange free bet. Min £5 bet on the SBK, min odds 1.5 (1/2). Rewards valid for 7 days. Free bets must be placed at min odds of 1.5 (1/2). Exchange free bet limited to certain markets. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Where to live stream Belgium vs Portugal:
US ONLY: Fubo* are streaming a selection of Euro 2020 fixtures live for account holders. Those without a Fubo account already can take advantage of their seven-day free trial by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- Click ‘Start Your Free Trial’ and enter your details.
- Log in and pick your desired channel to watch.
*Geo restrictions apply. Fubo is currently available in the United States, Canada and Spain. Packages and pricing differ per country.
Scoreline prediction: Belgium 2-1 Portugal
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Belgium vs Portugal build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Belgium have been expected to win continental silverware for some time now, due to the quality of their squad, and Euro 2020 may be their penultimate chance. The Red Devils were one of three teams to be perfect in the group stages, winning all three of their matches to top Group B with relative ease. Russia, Denmark and Finland were all swept aside, with Roberto Martinez’s men scoring seven goals and conceding just once (to Denmark).
Their reward for topping the group is a tasty last-16 encounter with defending champions Portugal who once again advanced as one of the best third-placed teams. Portugal, who didn’t win a group stage game en route to their victory in France five years ago, got off to a positive start in Group F with a comprehensive 3-0 win over Hungary. A 4-2 defeat to Germany brought Portugal back down to earth but they secured their spot in the last-16 by holding France to a 2-2 draw.
- Belgium (vs Finland): Courtois; Vermaelen, Boyata, Benayer; Trossard, Witsel, De Bruyne; Chadli; E Hazard, Doku; Lukaku.
- Portugal (vs France): Patricio; Semedo, Pepe, Dias, Guerreiro; Pereira; Silva, Moutinho, Sanches, Jota; Ronaldo.
Belgium will be hoping Thorgan Hazard is fit to return after a knock but have an otherwise fully-fit squad from which to choose, as do Portugal.
CLAIM HERE. 18+ only. New customer offer. A £10 sportsbook free bet plus a £10 exchange free bet. Min £5 bet on the SBK, min odds 1.5 (1/2). Rewards valid for 7 days. Free bets must be placed at min odds of 1.5 (1/2). Exchange free bet limited to certain markets. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Belgium: This is a game between two potent Serie A goalscorers, and in the Belgian corner is Romelu Lukaku. The former Manchester United man entered Euro 2020 after an incredible season with Inter Milan in which he helped them secure their first league title in 11 years. Lukaku scored 24 goals in 36 league games, with only one player managing more in Serie A, and netting in each of his final three appearances of the season. The 28-year-old took that form into Euro 2020, scoring three goals in his three group stage appearances, including a brace against Russia in Belgium’s opening match. Now, Lukaku will be looking to fire Belgium into the quarter-finals, keeping their Euro 2020 hopes alive.
- Portugal: But Belgium, and Lukaku, face a man chasing history. Cristiano Ronaldo, who was that one player to score more goals than Lukaku in Serie A last season (netting 29 times), has scored 109 times for Portugal and is level with Iranian Ali Daei for the most goals in men’s international football history. He has reached that number with five goals at Euro 2020 so far, netting braces against Hungary and France, including three penalties. Never one to shy away from making himself the headline, you can expect Ronaldo to do his all to get goal 110 this weekend and help Portugal into the next round.