Belgium and France meet in Italy on Thursday at 7:45pm (UK time) looking to reach the Uefa Nations League final.
Both nations will have been disappointed by their finishes at Euro 2020, but the Nations League provides an opportunity for some (minor) silverware ahead of next year’s World Cup.
How to live stream Belgium vs France online:
US ONLY: Fubo* are streaming a selection of Uefa Nations League fixtures live for account holders. Those without a Fubo account already can take advantage of their seven-day free trial by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- Click ‘Start Your Free Trial’ and enter your details.
- Log in and pick your desired channel to watch.
*Geo restrictions apply. Fubo is currently available in the United States, Canada and Spain. Packages and pricing differ per country.
Where to watch Belgium vs France on TV:
- UK: Sky Sports Main Event
- US: TUDN USA
Scoreline prediction: Belgium 1-2 France
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Belgium vs France build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Belgium were one of the teams to fall to Italy at Euro 2020, knocked out at the quarter-final stage in a 2-1 defeat, a disappointing finish for one of the early favourites. But Roberto Martinez’s side firmly moved on from that when World Cup qualifying returned, winning all three of their games in the September international break. Estonia, Czech Republic and Belarus all fell with Belgium all-but confirmed to be at next summer’s World Cup. But that has been pushed to one side for October, with Belgium in the Nations League semi-finals having topped their group with five wins from six games – finishing five points clear of Denmark and England.
Text (home team form/situation)
For France, Euro 2020 exit came a round earlier, with Switzerland knocking the reigning world champions out on penalties after a thrilling 3-3 draw. Didier Deschamps men were the favourites going into the tournament but disappointed, and they carried that poor form into World Cup qualifying. Les Bleus drew with both Bosnia and Herzegovina and Ukraine last month and only ending their five-match winless run (all draws) with a 2-0 win over Finland that has allowed them to open up a seven-point gap at the top of their World Cup qualifying group (three wins, three draws). France were a lot better in the Nations League group stage, winning five and drawing one of their six matches to sit three points above second-placed Portugal.
- Belgium (vs Belarus): Casteels; Boyata, Alderweireld, Denayer; Saelemaekers, Tielemans, Praet*, Castagne; Trossard, Batshuayi, Lukebakio.
- France (vs Finland): Lloris; Zouma*, Kimpembe, Varane; Dubois, Rabiot, Pogba, Hernandez; Griezmann; Benzema, Martial.
Dennis Praet has not been called up for Belgium due to injury, but they have been boosted by the return of Kevin De Bruyne. France, meanwhile, have made a number of changes from their September squad with the likes of Kurt Zouma, Clement Lenglet and N’Golo Kante (injury) missing out.
18+ | New UK Customers Only | If your account has Sportsbook losses at the end of your first day’s betting, QuinnBet will refund 50% of your losses as a Free Bet up to £25 (min 3 bets) Plus 50 Free Spins on Grand Spinn. Even if your account is up, you’re guaranteed a £5 Free Bet Plus 50 Free Spins provided you place at least 1 bet of £10 or greater at the minimum odds. T&Cs apply | BeGambleAware.org.
18+ only. New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. Debit card deposits only. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 18+ BeGambleAware.org. Full terms apply.
18+ only • New customers only • Min deposit £/€/$10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/€/$10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Free Bets are credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes are not included in returns • Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days, wins are capped at £/€/$500 • To withdraw bonus/related wins, you must wager the bonus amount up to 40 times its value within 14 days • Casino Bonus expires after 60 days • Casino Bonus can be used on selected games in casino only • Restrictions apply to withdrawals, payment methods & countries & full T&Cs apply • BeGambleAware •
Players to watch:
- Belgium: Thursday’s game will give Romelu Lukaku a chance to stretch his legs once again on the international scene, with the aim of continuing his excellent record for Belgium. Lukaku started the new season well with Chelsea but is currently on a five-game goal drought across all competitions as the Blues started to struggle in servicing their leading man. But it’s a completely different story when he dons the Red Devils’ jersey. Since the end of the 2018 World Cup, Lukaku has scored 27 goals in 25 games for Belgium including four in his past three, never going more than one match without finding the net. It was Lukaku’s goals that helped Belgium reach the Nations League finals, with the striker scoring five goals.
- France: Now more than ever, France may be relying on the quality of Karim Benzema to carry them over the line against strong opposition. The biggest story surrounding France at Euro 2020 was the poor performances of Kylian Mbappe, which included missing the deciding penalty in the shootout defeat to Switzerland. And while the Paris Saint-Germain frontman has started the new Ligue 1 season in decent fashion, Benzema has been on another level. In eight La Liga games so far this season, Benzema has been directly involved in 16 goals, scoring nine and providing another seven assists. Altogether this is more than any other player in Europe’s top five leagues, with no player scoring or assisting more (only Paul Pogba has as many assists).
More live stream options: