Bayern Munich and Borussia Monchengladbach go head-to-head at the Allianz Arena on Wednesday at 5pm (UK time) in their penultimate pre-season friendly of the summer.
Julian Naglesmann has just this clash and Saturday’s fixture against Napoli to prepare his new side for the upcoming campaign. Gladbach, meanwhile, face Dutch outfit Groningen on Saturday before competitive action begins.
Bayern Munich vs Borussia Monchengladbach live stream:
- Visit their sign-up page (here’s a link)
- Set up and fund a new account
- Go to ‘In Play’ section, select the game you want to watch and click the play button symbol
Is Bayern Munich vs Borussia Monchengladbach on TV?
- DEU: MagentaTV
- UK: Premier Sports 2
- US: N/A
Scoreline prediction: Bayern Munich 2-1 Gladbach
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Bayern Munich vs Borussia Monchengladbach build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Pre-season certainly hasn’t gone as planned so far for Nagelsmann, whose side suffered a 3-2 defeat to FC Koln before drawing 2-2 with Ajax last time out. The former RB Leipzig manager has just two more games to complete his preparations before taking his new team into competitive action in the DFB-Pokal first round against Bremer SV on Friday, August 6th.
Gladbach, meanwhile, have enjoyed a slightly more successful pre-season, picking up their first win against Metz (1-0) last time out after losing to Paderborn (3-1) and drawing 2-2 with Viktoria Koln. Just like Nagelsmann, Adi Hutter will be keen to see his new side churn out another positive performance as he adjusts to life with Gladbach following a summer switch from Eintracht Frankfurt.
- Bayern Munich (vs Ajax): Ulreich; Sarr, Upamecano, Nianzou, Stanisic; Cuisance, Rhein; Sieb, Zirkzee, Richards; Choupo-Moting.
- Gladbach (vs Metz): Kersken; Beyer, Jantschke, Lainer; Scally, Wolf, Kramer, Benes; Herrmann, Plea*, Bennetts.
Robert Lewandowski, Thomas Muller, Lucas Hernandez, Leon Goretzka and Joshua Kimmich are still resting following their Euro 2020 exertions. Serge Gnabry is back in training, though it is unclear whether or not he’ll feature here.
Gladbach’s squad is equally stretched, with Breel Embolo, Remy Bensebaini, Kouadio Kone, Alassane Plea and Lars Stindl all out injured. Swiss trio Yann Sommer, Denis Zakaria and Nico Elvedi are resting from Euro 2020.
Players to watch:
- Bayern Munich: Bayern are expected to once again field an experimental line-up in the absence of a number of high-profile stars, but one big name who should start is Dayot Upaemcano. The French centre-back cost Bayern just short of €40m and represents the Bavarians’ big summer splash so far. With Jerome Boateng departing and Bayern suffering defensively at times last season, Upamecano needs to have a big influence on this side and Gladbach should provide a good acid test of where he’s up to.
- Gladbach: Pre-season is the time for managers to find out about some promising young players and one who has certainly made an impression at Gladbach is Joe Scally. The 18-year-old only moved to Germany from NYCFC in January having made just four MLS appearances but has impressed so far in Gladbach’s reserve team and since stepping up with the senior side. “Joe is already showing he’s a step ahead of the others in the training camp,” said Gladbach sporting director Max Eberl, adding: “Confidently, coolly and in an easy-going way, Joe patrols the right-hand side. That is already apparent.”
More live stream options: