Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic has ruled out the idea of Thomas Muller leaving the Bundesliga champions for Manchester United.
Last week, German outlet Bild claimed United are considering a move for Muller in the January transfer window as the forward continues to struggle for game time at Bayern.
Could Man Utd sign Muller? Five things to know…
- Manchester United have been linked with Muller by the German media.
- Muller has insisted he is only concentrating on his football amid the speculation.
- The German has started in just four of Bayern’s nine Bundesliga games this season.
- But sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic has dismissed talk of an exit.
- Muller is just two games away from making his 500th Bayern appearance in all competitions.
The report suggests former Bayern manager Louis van Gaal attempted to sign Muller for United during his time at Old Trafford, only for the German to remain at the Allianz Arena.
And now it is believed the Red Devils could revive their interest in Muller with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer desperate to add reinforcements in attack.
However, Salihamidzic insists there is no truth in the reports Bayern would be willing to sell Muller – to United or any other club.
“That’s a story you want to write [Muller being sold],” Salihamidzic said.
“We have two players out for months and you are trying to tell us to sell a player.
“There’s no reason for doing this.”
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
Despite his lack of game time, Muller did manage to play the entire 90 minutes as Bayern beat Union Berlin in the Bundesliga on Saturday.
Responding to talk of a move to United, Muller said: “I try to focus on playing football. Slowly all the discussions can end a bit.”