Bayern Munich can move another step closer to the Bundesliga title when they welcome Fortuna Dusseldorf to the Allianz Arena on Saturday evening.
Hans-Dieter Flick’s men are now just 12 points away from an eighth-consecutive league title after beating Borussia Dortmund 1-0 in what was deemed the deciding game on Tuesday. Bayern were also boosted by RB Leipzig’s failure to keep up following their 2-2 draw with Hertha Berlin on Wednesday.
Bayern’s current seven-point gap at the top of the table comes after a slow start under Niko Kovac that ultimately saw the Croatian sacked and replaced by Flick, whose progress as caretaker saw him given the full-time job last month.
The next obstacle in Bayern’s quest is the visit of Fortuna Dusseldorf, who are still fighting for safety in the lower parts of the Bundesliga table. Fortuna currently occupy the relegation play-off place but improved their chances of safety with an important 2-1 win over Schalke on Wednesday, moving them to within just a point of 15th-placed Mainz and ending a run of four straight draws.
When these sides last met in November, Bayern ran out 4-0 winners and will be hopeful of a similar result this weekend.
Where to watch Bayern Munich v Fortuna Dusseldorf on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 1
- US: Fox Soccer 1
Where to live stream the game:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Bayern Munich vs Fortuna Dusseldorf live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware.
US: Readers based in the States can try Fubo, who are currently running a free trial offer.
Bayern Munich & Fortuna Dusseldorf’s confirmed lineups:
— FC Bayern München (@FCBayern) May 30, 2020
- Bayern Munich: Neuer; Pavard, Hernandez, Alaba, Davies; Kimmich, Goretzka; Coman, Muller, Gnabry; Lewandowski.
Lucas Hernandez comes in for Jerome Boateng as the only Bayern change from their midweek starting lineup against Borussia Dortmund.
— Fortuna Düsseldorf (@f95) May 30, 2020
- Fortuna Dusseldorf: Kastenmeier; Zimmermann, Jorgensen, Hoffmann, Gießelmann; Bodzek; Skrzybski, Morales, Stoger, Thommy; Karaman.
Fortuna make a couple of changes from last time out with Niko Gießelmann, Adam Bodzek, Alfredo Morales and Steven Skrzybski all coming in.
Players to watch:
- Bayern Munich: When people look back on the 2019/20 Bundesliga campaign, purely from a footballing perspective, they will remember it as the season Alphonso Davies made a name for himself. The Canadian started the season as a substitute winger, but injury to Lucas Hernandez saw Davies tested on the left side of the defence and he has not looked back since. Still boasting all the skills of a winger in attack, Davies is arguably one of the most promising left-backs in Europe right now and already being tipped to become the best outright. His defensive abilities have also been on show, making 54 tackles in the Bundesliga, while most recently against Dortmund he helped keep Erling Haaland quiet. Dubbed the FC Bayern Roadrunner by teammate Thomas Muller after the game and a ‘cheat code’ by Romelu Lukaku during it, there is no stopping Davies right now.
Thomas Müller just summed up Alphonso Davies perfectly 😂
"Meep! Meep! Meep! The roadrunner steals the ball" pic.twitter.com/NElazaZGSB
— 🇩🇪Ja! Watch the Bundesliga live on BT Sport🇩🇪 (@btsportfootball) May 26, 2020
- Fortuna Dusseldorf: Although Fortuna’s recent run hasn’t done too much in helping their relegation fight, Kenan Karaman has been at the heart of everything good. The Turkish international has scored four goals in his past five games for Fortuna, including one to complete the comeback in 2-1 win over Schalke last time out. The win against Schalke continued Karaman’s impressive run when scoring for Fortuna, now without defeat in the eight games in which he has found the net since joining last season. Karaman has been outscored this season by strike partner Rouwen Hennings, but the Turkish forward has hampered by illness earlier in the campaign. Now back to full fitness and on a roll, can Karaman help Fortuna pull off a shock?
Scoreline prediction: Bayern Munich 3-0 Fortuna Dusseldorf
Bundesliga 2019/20 recent form:
- Bayern Munich: WWWWW
- Fortuna Dusseldorf: WDDDD