Two of the early Bundesliga front-runners go head-to-head when Bayer Leverkusen host Mainz on Saturday at 2:30pm (UK time).
Both sides are locked together on 10 points from five games, with only Bayern Munich (16), Wolfsburg (13) and Dortmund (12) ahead of them.
How to live stream Leverkusen vs Mainz online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Leverkusen vs Mainz live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (10:30, 25/09/21).
Where to watch Leverkusen vs Mainz on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: ESPN+
Scoreline prediction: Leverkusen 1-1 Mainz
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Leverkusen vs Mainz build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Leverkusen’s Champions League challenge fell away dramatically during the second half of last season, so fans will be extremely optimistic with their side sat fourth after five games. Die Werkself went down to 10 men while 2-0 up away at Stuttgart in their last match but, despite quickly conceding thereafter, were able to restore their two-goal advantage to win 3-1.
While Leverkusen’s early-season form has been predicated on scoring goals, Mainz have been all about defence, conceding just twice so far. For the large part of 2020/21, Bo Svensson’s side looked doomed to go down alongside Schalke, but their rally in the second half of the campaign was truly stunning to behold, rising all the way to 12th. In reality, it’s little surprise to see them kick off the new campaign so convincingly.
- Leverkusen (vs Stuttgart): Hradecky; Frimpong, Kossounou, Tah, Bakker; Andrich*, Aranguiz; Bellarabi, Wirtz, Diaby; Schick.
- Mainz (vs Freiburg): Zentner; St. Juste, Bell, Hack; Widmer, Barreiro, Kohr, Boetius, Lucoqui; Burkardt, Szalai.
Robert Andrich faces a three-match suspension after being sent off against Stuttgart last week. Leverkusen also have a lengthy injury list with Edmond Tapsoba, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Julain Baumgartlinger, Niklas Lomb and Exequiel Palacios all sidelined.
Moussa Niakhate and Adam Szalai are out for Mainz while Aaron Martin is a doubt as he continues to recover from a groin injury.
18+ only. New customer offer. Place a single pre-play £10 bet on any Football market October 14th – 20th – Get £50 (£30 on settlement + £20 the following day). Only deposits via cards will qualify (Apple Pay not valid on this offer). T&Cs apply. 18+ only. New customers only. Use code ZBBC01. Place 5 x £10 bets to get a £20 free bet. Repeat 5 times to get £100 in free bets. New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
18+ only. New customer offer. Place a single pre-play £10 bet on any Football market October 14th – 20th – Get £50 (£30 on settlement + £20 the following day). Only deposits via cards will qualify (Apple Pay not valid on this offer). T&Cs apply.
18+ only. New customers only. Use code ZBBC01. Place 5 x £10 bets to get a £20 free bet. Repeat 5 times to get £100 in free bets. New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
Leverkusen vs Mainz: Five key facts
- Florian Wirtz has both scored and assisted in each of his last three appearances – at 18 years and 139 days, he is the youngest Bundesliga player and the first Leverkusen player to achieve this (since detailed data collection in 2004-05).
- Mainz 05 have conceded only two goals in the Bundesliga this season – the joint-fewest along with Wolfsburg. Mainz have not conceded a goal in their last three games, last going more consecutive only in April 2012 (4).
- Leverkusen have scored a total of 14 goals in their last four matches in the Bundesliga, scoring at least three goals in each game – those 14 goals are the same amount they scored as in their 13 previous Bundesliga matches combined.
- Leverkusen have won three of their last four Bundesliga matches at home against Mainz 05 (D1) – the same amount Leverkusen won in their previous 10 home matches in the top-flight against Mainz.
- Away from home, Mainz 05 have lost only one of their last 10 Bundesliga matches and have won six times (D3) – in the 10 away Bundesliga games prior to this run, Mainz had lost seven and won only once (D2).
Bundesliga 2021/22 recent form:
- Leverkusen: WLWWD
- Mainz: DWWLW
More live stream options: