Barcelona will look to close the gap on La Liga leaders Real Sociedad when they face off at the Camp Nou on Wednesday at 8pm.
Ronald Koeman has endured a difficult start to his Barca tenure, with the Catalan club currently down in eighth, but they can climb to as high as fifth with a win tonight. But, that is a task easier said than done as Imanol Alguacil’s side are unbeaten in 10 games across all competitions and looking good value for their lead at the top of the table.
Where to watch Barcelona vs Real Sociedad on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN SPORTS
Where to live stream Barcelona vs Real Sociedad:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Barcelona vs Real Sociedad live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (10:00, 15/12/20)
Scoreline prediction: Barcelona 2-2 Real Sociedad
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Barcelona vs Real Sociedad build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
It has been anything but smooth sailing in the Camp Nou dugout for Koeman, who has picked up just five wins from his opening 11 La Liga games and conceded top spot in Group G of the Champions League on the final matchday to Juventus, which has subsequently seen them drawn against PSG in the last-16.
Real Sociedad, by contrast, have been a beacon of consistency, losing just twice this season across all competitions and finding the back of the net at sheer will, with the Basque club outscoring every club in La Liga so far (23 goals). With Barca looking to follow up from a recent win over Levante, they won’t find it easy against the current leaders in La Liga.
- Barcelona (vs Levante): Ter Stegen; Dest, Araujo, Lenglet, Alba; Busquets, De Jong, Coutinho, Griezmann, Braithwaite; Messi.
- Real Sociedad (vs Eibar): Remiro; Zaldua, Le Normand, Sagnan, Munoz; Merino, Guevara, Alcaide, Barrenetxea, Merquelanz; Isak.
Ousmane Dembele has joined Gerard Pique, Ansu Fati and Sergi Roberto on the sidelines with yet another hamstring injury, but Samuel Umtiti is back in contention to get some minutes and will be pushing for a start on Wednesday.
For Real Sociedad, Aritz Elustondo and Mikel Oyarzabal are currently occupying the treatment tables, while David Silva is expected to start after gaining some valuable minutes from the bench in the recent draw with Eibar.
Players to watch:
- Barcelona: The Blaugrana’s most recent outing, a 1-0 win over Levante, produced another underwhelming performance from Koeman’s charges, but the Dutchman was desperate for three points and that is exactly what he got. Of course, the man who stepped up to deliver that was Lionel Messi. The Argentine embraced his role as skipper and carried Barca over the line, and if anyone can deliver the same against Real Sociedad, it will be Messi, who has been directly involved in 14 goals across his 10 home La Liga games against Real Sociedad (10 goals and four assists).
- Real Sociedad: If Barca possess their own diminutive genius in Messi, then Real Sociedad boast one in David Silva. The playmaker grandmaster has been a revelation since relocating to San Sebastian from Manchester, transforming Alguacil’s attack with his blend of experience and creative excellence. The 34-year-old missed the draws with Villarreal and Alaves with a slight hamstring injury but racked up 21 minutes from the bench against Eibar and will be pushing for a start at the Camp Nou in order to add to his joint-team-high two La Liga assists.
La Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Barcelona: WLWLW
- Real Sociedad: DDDWW
More live stream options: