Barcelona’s hunt for a 27th La Liga title continues on Tuesday evening (21:00) when they welcome Leganes to the Camp Nou.
Quique Setien‘s side are currently two points clear of Real Madrid at the top of the table, with 10 games remaining, and marked their return to La Liga action with a 4-0 win over 18th-placed Real Mallorca on Saturday evening.
Lionel Messi was the star of the show, scoring once and adding two assists in a game where Barcelona were put under pressure at times. Another relegation fighter is up next in the form of Leganes, who sit one place below Mallorca in 19th, and three points from safety.
Last time out Leganes were beaten 2-1 by Real Vallodolid and go into Tuesday’s game with a poor recent record against Barcelona, losing six of the last seven league matches between the two sides.
Where to watch Barcelona vs Leganes on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN Sports 1
Where to live stream Barcelona vs Leganes:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Barcelona vs Leganes live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15/06/20, 12:45)
Barcelona & Leganes’s previous line-ups:
- Barcelona (vs Real Mallorca): Ter Stegen; Roberto, Pique, Araujo, Alba*; Vidal, Busquets, De Jong; Messi, Griezmann, Braithwaite.
- Leganes (vs Real Valladolid): Cuellar; Bustinza, Awaziem, Omeruo, Silva; Rosales, Amadou, Mesa, Rodrigues; Rodriguez, Carrillo.
Barcelona will be without Jordi Alba after the Spaniard picked up his fifth yellow card of the season last time out, with Junior Firpo expected to replace him at left-back. Top-scorer Oscar Rodriguez, on loan from Real Madrid, is also suspended for Leganes after receiving his fifth yellow card of the season against Real Valladolid.
Players to watch:
- Barcelona: Martin Braithwaite. Barcelona‘s signing of Martin Braithwaite from Leganes in February, following the injuries to Luis Suarez and Ousmane Dembele, drew attention for two reasons. The first was due to the emergency signing happening outside the transfer window – with Barcelona triggering his release clause – which meant Leganes were unable to replace the striker in their fight against relegation. The second was due to Braithwaite himself, with few believing he was going to be the man who could help fire Barcelona to the title. The former Middlesbrough striker, who scored just nine goals in 40 games in England, had hardly set Spain alight by scoring six goals for Leganes and his start to life in Barcelona was unspectacular. But against Mallorca, Braithwaite scored his first Barcelona goal and proved he can quietly complement the stars of Setien‘s side, hurting opponents with his simplicity.
- Leganes: Kenneth Omeruo. Leganes have the joint-worst attack in La Liga this season, scoring just 22 goals, so Tuesday’s game will be more about stopping Barcelona – and that’s where Omeruo comes in. The Nigerian defender is enjoying his second campaign with Leganes but first as a permanent player, having been on loan from Chelsea last season, which proved to be the last of seven temporary moves away from Stamford Bridge. Despite Leganes’ low standing in the table, Omeruo has been their standout defender, making 102 clearances this season, 43 more than any of his teammates. The Nigerian has also won more aerial duels (62) than any other Leganes defender and ranks highly for interceptions, blocks and tackles. The responsibility will be on Omeruo, more than any other player, to keep Braithwaite, Messi and co. quiet.
Scoreline prediction: Barcelona 3-0 Leganes
La Liga 2019/20 recent form:
- Barcelona: WWLWW
- Leganes: DLDWL