The Blaugrana drew 2-2 with Celta Vigo last time out and are two points adrift of pacesetters Real Madrid after Zinedine Zidane’s men saw off Espanyol on Sunday evening.
The hosts will find it anything but easy against Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid, who are unbeaten in their last 12 games across all competitions and have now clawed their way back into third in La Liga. Furthermore, Atletico emerged victorious when the two sides met in the Spanish Super Cup semi-final back in January.
Will Quique Setien‘s men keep pace with Los Blancos or will Atletico Madrid hand their fierce rivals the advantage in the title race?
Where to watch Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid on TV:
- UK: La Liga TV
- US: beIN SPORTS
Where to live stream Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Home vs Away live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (28/06/2020, 20:00)
Barcelona & Atletico Madrid’s previous line-ups:
- Barcelona (vs Celta Vigo): Ter Stegen; Semedo, Pique, Umtiti, Alba; Vidal, Rakitic, Puig; Messi, Suarez, Fati.
- Atletico Madrid (vs Alaves): Oblak; Trippier, Savic, Gimenez, Lodi; Correa, Koke, Partey, Saul; Felix, Morata.
Barcelona confirm Arthur departure
On Monday, just over 24 hours prior to kick-off versus Atletico, Barcelona confirmed a deal has been agreed which will see Brazilian midfielder Arthur Melo move to Juventus at the end of the 2019/20 season.
Barca’s official statement read: “FC Barcelona and Juventus have reached an agreement for the transfer of the player Arthur Melo. The Italian club will pay €72 million euros, plus €10 million euros in variables.
“The player will remain at FC Barcelona until the official competitions for the 2019/20 season end.”
Players to watch:
- Barcelona: The Blaugrana are slow, disjointed and predictable right now and Lionel Messi aside, it’s difficult to see where the spark is going to come from. A lot of the pressure to back up Messi is falling to 17-year-old, Ansu Fati, who has five goals in just nine La Liga starts so far this season. Barca look far better with Fati on the pitch and there’s a good chance Setien will rely on the teenager again to help open up a stubborn Atletico Madrid defence.
- Atletico Madrid: No player embodies the spirit of Simeone better than Saul Niguez. The Spanish midfielder has been absolutely fantastic for Los Colchoneros once again this season, making more interceptions (48), tackles (118) and blocks (62) than any other player at the club, while he’s also chipped in with four goals at the other end of the pitch. Atletico are likely to surrender most of the possession to Barcelona on this one, so Saul’s monumental work ethic, tough tackling and composed passing will be vital in establishing them a foothold in the game.
Scoreline prediction: Barcelona 1-1 Atletico Madrid
Click HERE to access Sky Bet’s new customer offer. Terms & Conditions apply. 18 + only. First single & E/W bet only. Odds of 1/1 or greater. 2 x £10 bet tokens. Free bet stakes not included in returns. Free Bets are non withdrawable. No free bet expiry. Eligibility restrictions. Further T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org.
La Liga 2019/20 recent form:
- Barcelona: WWWWD
- Atletico Madrid: DWWWW