Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid meet on Sunday in a Madrid Derby that will have serious implications on where the La Liga title goes this season (3:15pm kick-off UK time).
Diego Simeone’s side have the upper hand in the title race, five points clear of Barcelona and Real Madrid in second and third respectively, with a game in hand over their rivals.
How to live stream Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (12:15, 07/03/21).
Where to watch Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN Sports
Scoreline prediction: Atletico Madrid 1-1 Real Madrid
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
It wasn’t too long ago that Atletico Madrid were comfortable with their lead atop La Liga, but now things are slightly tighter. Although Atletico do still hold a five-point lead with a game in hand, their recent form has not been that of champions-elect. Simeone’s side have won just two of their past five La Liga matches, drawing twice and losing once to allow their rivals to catch up. Even more worrying is that one of those two draws and the defeat to Levante both came at the Wanda Metropolitano, proving Atletico are stoppable at home.
You don’t need to tell Real Madrid that, though, as they are the only La Liga team to still be unbeaten at the Wanda Metropolitano since Atletico moved in in 2017, winning one and drawing twice. They are also unbeaten in their past nine La Liga matches against Atletico Madrid, winning four and go into this game in particularly good form. Since losing to Levante at the end of January, Real Madrid have won five and drawn one of their past six La Liga matches, held by Real Sociedad last weekend. Zinedine Zidane’s side are also unbeaten away from home in the league in eight, winning their past three.
- Atletico Madrid (vs Villarreal): Oblak; Savic, Felipe, Hermoso; Koke; Vrsaljko, Llorente, Lemar, Saul; Correa, Suarez.
- Real Madrid (vs Real Sociedad): Courtois; Vazquez, Varane, Nacho, Mendy; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Asensio, Mariano*, Isco.
Atletico Madrid will be boosted by the return of Kieran Trippier from his suspension and he could be thrown straight into the team, while Thomas Lemar and Yannick Carrasco are both fit once again. Jose Gimenez is their only injury doubt with an adductor problem. Hector Herrera misses out due to personal reasons.
Real Madrid, on the other hand, are still without Sergio Ramos, Eden Hazard and Dani Carvajal with Mariano Diaz joining them on the sidelines. However, Karim Benzema has returned to training and is back in contention, as are Eder Militao and Federico Valverde.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Atletico Madrid: Simeone’s side have not enjoyed their recent games against Real Madrid, entering this match without a La Liga goal against their rivals in 335 minutes (over three-and-a-half matches). If they are to end that run, they will need Luis Suarez to step up to the big occasion. The Uruguayan has been excellent since joined from Barcelona last summer, scoring 16 goals in La Liga with only Lionel Messi managing more across the campaign. However, he goes into this game without a goal in his past five across all competitions, including a blank when Atletico Madrid needed him most against Chelsea in the Champions League. And 12 of his 16 goals in La Liga this season have come against teams starting the weekend 10th or lower, struggling in the bigger matches.
- Real Madrid: Whether he is fully fit or not, Karim Benzema could not have returned at a better time for Real Madrid. Although the Frenchman only missed two games with an adductor injury, his absence had been felt, with Real Madrid only hitting the target five times from 30 shots for an accuracy of 16.67%. Benzema’s shot accuracy this season, including those that have been blocked, stands at 44.6% (33 from 74) and there’s no surprise that he’s Real Madrid’s top scorer with 12 goals in La Liga. Also unsurprising, but worrying, is that he is seven clear of Real Madrid’s next-highest scorer Casemiro who has managed five. Benzema goes into this game with goals in his past two matches, and Real Madrid will be hoping he can make it three in a row to throw the title race wide open.
La Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Atletico Madrid: WLDWD
- Real Madrid: DWWWW
More live stream options: