Atletico Madrid will look to consolidate their position in first when they welcome fellow capital club Getafe to the Wanda Metropolitano in La Liga on Wednesday (6.15pm kick-off, UK time).
Atletico Madrid XI: Oblak; Vrsaljko, Felipe, Savic, Hermoso; Carrasco, Koke, Llorente, Lemar; Suarez, Felix.
Getafe XI: Yanez, Iglesias, Djene, Etxeita, Olivera; Portillo, Maksimovic, Timor, Cucurella; Rodriguez, Mata.
Where to watch Atletico Madrid vs Getafe on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN SPORTS
How to live stream Atletico Madrid vs Getafe online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Atletico Madrid vs Getafe live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15:00, 28/12/20).
Scoreline prediction: Atletico Madrid 3-1 Getafe
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
CLICK HERE to claim Paddy Power’s offer. 18+ only. Place a £5 on a football Bet Builder, at minimum odds of 1.5 (1/2). Get £60 in Bet Builder free bets to use on any sport. Free bets will be awarded after your qualifying bet has been settled, valid for 30 days. BeGambleAware.
Atletico Madrid vs Getafe build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Diego Simeone’s side have responded in fine fashion since losing 2-0 to Real Madrid earlier this month, beating Elche and more impressively, Real Sociedad away last time out, but they remain level on points with the reigning champions, albeit with two games in hand. Getafe, meanwhile, are hovering around mid-table but sit just two points above the drop zone and will be wary of getting dragged into a relegation dogfight.
Atleti were unbeaten heading into their crunch clash with Real Madrid earlier this month but Simeone’s men received their first loss of the campaign as Los Blancos ran out 2-0 victors and closed the gap. Since then, the Argentine coach has overseen successive wins and he will be eager to maintain that run.
Getafe, meanwhile, have won just once in their last nine games this season, and have lost each of their last 12 matches against Atletico Madrid without scoring in any of those games. In fact, Simeone is yet to taste defeat against Getafe in all 17 games he has faced the south Madrid club.
- Atletico Madrid (vs Real Sociedad): Oblak; Savic, Felipe, Hermoso; Trippier*, Llorente, Koke, Carrasco; Correa, Lemar; Suarez,
- Getafe (vs Celta Vigo): Yanez; Suarez*, Cabaco*, Djene, Nyom*; Timor, Hernandez, Arambarri, Maksimovic, Cucurella; Unal.
Kieran Trippier was recently handed a 10-week worldwide football ban by the Football Association after he was found guilty of breaking betting rules. Joao Felix, meanwhile, remains a major doubt after suffering a rib injury in Atletico’s 3-1 win over Elche. Diego Costa, a late substitute against Real Sociedad, has left Atletico by mutual consent.
Dario Poveda remains a long-term absentee for the visitors, while Erick Cabaco, Allan Nyom and Damian Suarez are all suspended.
Players to watch:
- Atletico Madrid: Luis Suarez got back to scoring ways in the 3-1 win over Elche earlier this month, netting a timely brace against the Green-striped ones, which took his La Liga tally to seven for the season, in just 10 games. The experienced Uruguayan was unable to follow up against Real Sociedad last time out, but he will feel confident of getting back amongst the goalmouth action against Getafe, a club against whom he has been directly involved in seven goals across his last six La Liga games against them (five goals, two assists).
- Getafe: It has been a difficult start to life in the capital for Enes Unal, who joined Getafe on a permanent deal from Villarreal in the summer. The Turkey international has been heavily involved in the first-team but is yet to open his account and will be desperate to get off the mark and relieve the early pressure building on his shoulders. When on a scoring drought, the last team you want to face is a Simeone one, but the ex-Man City marksman scored the first of his two La Liga braces against the club, then in March 2018 as a Villarreal player. He could do with a similar showing to get up and running for Jose Bordalas’ side.
La Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Atletico Madrid: WWLWW
- Getafe: DWLLD
More live stream options: