Atletico Madrid will look to get their La Liga title bid back on track when they host Athletic Bilbao on Wednesday at 6pm (UK time).
Diego Simeone’s men could only manage a 1-1 draw with rivals Real Madrid last time out, while their lead over Barcelona at the top of the table has been cut to just three points. Athletic, meanwhile, are eighth but 12 points adrift of Real Sociedad in the automatic Europa League spot.
How to live stream Atletico Madrid vs Athletic Club online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Atletico Madrid vs Athletic Club live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (10:00, 08/03/2021).
Where to watch Atletico Madrid vs Athletic Club on TV:
- UK: La Liga TV
- US: beIN SPORTS
Scoreline prediction: Atletico Madrid 1-0 Athletic Club
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Atletico Madrid vs Athletic Club build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
After looking so formidable across the first half of the season, Atletico have hit a stumbling block in recent games, winning just two of their last six in La Liga, including a 1-1 draw in the Madrid derby at the weekend. Real are five points behind Atletico, while Barcelona have moved to within three points, although Los Colchoneros have a game in hand over their two title rivals — a game they simply must win to keep the pressure off their backs.
Athletic, meanwhile, are eighth and although they’re nowhere near the relegation battle, there’s little chance they’ll be contesting for a European spot come the end of the season. That said, Marcelino’s men are unbeaten in their past four La Liga matches, taking eight points and conceding just four goals during that time, so they’re sure to give the league leaders a stern test.
- Atletico Madrid (vs Real Madrid): Oblak; Trippier, Savic, Felipe, Hermoso; Koke; Correa, Llorente, Lemar, Carrasco; Suarez.
- Athletic Club (vs Granada): Simon; Capa, Nunez, Balenziaga, Lekue; Ibai, Garcia, Vencedor, Morcillo; Villalibre, Sancet.
Jose Gimenez missed the Madrid derby with an adductor injury but should be able to return here. Inigo Martinez will serve the third game of a four-match suspension here but the visitors have an otherwise full squad to choose from.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Home: After four La Liga games without a goal (five across all competitions), Luis Suarez finally ended his drought with the opening goal in the 1-1 draw against Real Madrid last time out. The veteran Uruguayan striker now sits just two behind former teammate Lionel Messi in the Golden Boot race with 17 goals, 35% of Atletico’s league total this season, while it’s the fifth time in his seven campaigns in Spain where Suarez has scored at least 17 La Liga goals. Suarez has a relatively poor record against Athletic Club compared to some of the teams he’s put to the sword across his illustrious career, notching seven goals and four assists in 15 appearances so far. Simeone would love nothing more than for his star man to increase that tally and get Atletico back to winning ways here.
- Athletic Club: Unai Nunez is the man most likely to be given the undesirable task of stopping Suarez on Wednesday. The 24-year-old has been a huge presence at the heart of Marcelino’s defence this season, averaging a team-high 3.8 clearances per 90 minutes in La Liga, while he’s also blocked more shots per 90 (0.5) than any other Athletic player. Of course, Nunez is much more than a hatchet man at the back. Indeed, the 24-year-old is well capable of getting Athletic forward in possession with his precise passing and fondness for ball-carrying. However, Atletico are likely to dominate possession and territory in this match, so it’ll be Nunez the defender that Marcelino will be calling upon.
La Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Atletico Madrid: DWLDW
- Athletic Club: WDDWD
More live stream options: