There’s an interesting tie near the top of the La Liga table on Saturday when Atletico Madrid host Cadiz at 8pm.
No one will be surprised to see Atletico Madrid already pushing for the top four, currently sitting fourth after six games. Diego Simeone’s side have won four of those six games, and are the only unbeaten team left in Spain’s top flight.
However, level on points with them and just a place below are Saturday’s opponents Cadiz. The Andalusian club were promoted to La Liga at the end of last season, having spent the previous four campaigns in the second tier.
While some newly-promoted clubs may struggle with the step up, Cadiz have thrived with four wins and two draws from their opening eight games, including victories over Athletic Bilbao and Real Madrid.
To add Atletico to that list of scalps, however, Cadiz will have to improve on their record against the side from the capital. Atletico haven’t lost to Cadiz in La Liga since 1989 and are unbeaten in the past 10 league games against them, with six wins and four draws.
Where to watch Atletico Madrid vs Cadiz on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN SPORTS CONNECT
Where to live stream Atletico Madrid vs Cadiz:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Atletico Madrid vs Cadiz live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (13:45, 05/11/20).
Atletico Madrid & Cadiz’s previous line-ups:
- Atletico Madrid (vs Lokomotiv Moscow): Oblak; Trippier, Savic, Gimenez, Lodi; Llorente, Herrera, Saul; Felix, Correa; Suarez.
- Cadiz (vs Eibar): Ledesma; Akapo, Fali, Cala, Espino; Fernandez, Mari*, Jonsson, Sanchez; Negredo, Lozano.
Atletico Madrid remain without Yannick Carrasco, Sime Vrsaljko and Diego Costa, so Simeone might be forced to name an unchanged side this weekend. Midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia is in contention for a starting berth, after completing a move from Valencia on a four-year contract on Tuesday.
For Cadiz, midfielder Jose Mari is out with a knee injury, joining Luismi Quezada, Nano Mesa, Iza, Marcos Mauro and Alberto Perea on the sidelines.
Players to watch:
- Atletico Madrid: It’s taken some time but Joao Felix appears to finally be finding his feet at Atletico. There was a lot of expectation placed on the former Golden Boy winner when he signed for Atletico from Benfica last summer and he largely failed to live up to them. However, he has started 2020/21 in good form in both La Liga and the Champions League. In the league, Felix has been directly involved in four goals so far, scoring three and recording one assist. Among the rest of the Atletico squad, only Luis Suarez has been more involved in goals this season. The Portuguese forward has also added two goals in the Champions League, although he was unable to inspire them to more than a 1-1 draw against Lokomotiv Moscow on Tuesday. Atletico will need him to be their man this weekend.
- Cadiz: While Felix is at the start of his career, Alvaro Negredo is nearing the end, but that hasn’t stopped the veteran from making a mark in La Liga this season. Signed at the start of the campaign to add experience to the newly-promoted side, the 35-year-old has been the perfect leader at the top of the Cadiz team. Scoring two goals so far, Negredo has also been key in creating for Cadiz, with three assists. Last week against Eibar, the Spaniard scored and assisted in the same league game for the first time since April 2015. Against a tough Atletico defence, Negredo can ensure Cadiz don’t lose faith in attack.
Scoreline prediction: Atletico Madrid 1-1 Cadiz
La Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Atletico Madrid: DDWWW
- Cadiz: WDWDW
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)