Athletic Club host Getafe in a La Liga showdown on Monday evening at 8pm (UK time).
Both clubs find themselves in the bottom half with two points currently separating them ahead of this clash.
How to live stream Athletic Club vs Getafe online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Athletic Club vs Getafe live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (13:45, 24/01/21).
Where to watch Athletic Club vs Getafe on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN SPORTS
Scoreline prediction: Athletic Club 2-2 Getafe
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Athletic Club vs Getafe build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
One win across their previous four league matches has left Athletic Club languishing in 13th place heading into round 20 but, crucially, three points above the relegation zone, meaning this game becomes a six-pointer. In fact, since beating Real Betis on matchday 10, they’ve only produced two wins across nine La Liga outings but did manage to upset Spain’s big two in this season’s Super Cup, which poses the question as to why they’re underperforming of late. However, this fixture with Getafe should be another close encounter.
And that’s because the Madrid-based club sit a place and two points above them in the table. José Bordalás’ men also come into this fixture with some momentum. After suffering back-to-back defeats, stretching their winless streak to three matches, Getafe head into this latest round of fixtures looking to win a third straight La Liga game. On the road, they’ve been performing reasonably well following a poor start which saw them collect three points from 15 available. The Azulones previously registered wins away from home at Cadiz (0-2) and Elche (1-3). Sandwiched in between, though, was a narrow 1-0 loss at leaders Atletico Madrid.
- Athletic Club (vs UD Ibiza): Ezkieta; Lekue, Álvarez, Núñez, Balenziaga; Vesga, Vencedor; Berenguer, Sancet, Morcillo; Villalibre.
- Getafe (vs Huesca): Yáñez; Suárez, Etxeita, Djené, Nyom; Kubo, Arambarri, Maksimovic, Cucurella; Aleñá; Mata.
Unai López (knee) and Peru Nolaskoain (ankle) are both missing for Athletic this week. Cucho serves a four-match suspension for the visitors while Enes Ünal (hamstring), Víctor Mollejo (ankle) and Dario Poveda (physical discomfort) are ruled out.
Players to watch:
- Athletic Club: If there’s one player in Athletic’s current squad that epitomises the spirit of this club it’s Iker Muniain who, since breaking into Bilbao’s first-team squad in 2009, has amassed over 300 league appearances. During that run, Muniain has registered 49 goals and if he strikes against Getafe, the 28-year-old will not only reach a half-century in Spain’stop division but also score in three consecutive La Liga appearances for the first time. Also worth noting is all four of his league goals this season — against Sevilla, Real Betis, Elche and Barcelona — have come at San Mamés.
- Getafe: No team in Spain’s top-flight were more frustrating to play against than Getafe last term; but it’s fair to say we are seeing a different side this season, as they are currently looking over their shoulders at the relegation places instead of vying for a European spot. Nevertheless, those names who shone a year ago remain in place and Jaime Mata continues to be part of Getafe’s starting lineup, and he’s got previous history at San Mamés. The 32-year-old forward has netted in three of his previous five visits, including during each of his last two La Liga visits.
La Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Athletic Club: LWLDW
- Getafe: WWLLD
More live stream options: