Atalanta will look to continue their rise up the Serie A table when they host Parma on Wednesday at 2:00pm (UK time).
Gian Piero Gasperini’s men are currently seventh in the table, just three points adrift of the fourth and final Champions League qualification spot, while Parma are struggling down in 16th, well and truly in a relegation scrap.
Where to watch Atalanta vs Parma on TV:
- UK: LiveScore App
- US: ESPN+
How to live stream Atalanta vs Parma online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Atalanta vs Parma live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (12:00, 04/01/2021).
Scoreline prediction: Atalanta 4-1 Parma
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Atalanta vs Parma build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Having been the darlings of European football over the past couple of years, Atalanta endured a tough start to the 2020/21 campaign. However, a five-game unbeaten run, which including a 5-1 thrashing of sixth-placed Sassuolo last time out, has seen La Dea rise to seventh, just three points behind Napoli in fourth. Gasperini’s side have returned to their swashbuckling ways recently, finding the net 15 times during that five-match sequence, sweeping aside almost everything before them.
Parma, on the other hand, are without a win in their last six league games, most recently falling 3-0 at home to Torino, a result which leaves them just one point and two places clear of the relegation zone. Fabio Liverani’s side have just one goal to their name across their last four matches and will face a real uphill task away at one of the Italian top-flight’s most potent attacking outfits.
- Atalanta (vs Sassuolo): Gollini; Djimsiti, Romero*, Palomino; Hateboer, Freuler, De Roon, Gosens; Pessina; Ilicic, Zapata.
- Parma (vs Torino): Sepe; Iacoponi, Osorio*, Alves, Gagliolo; Kurtic, Hernani, Kucka; Karamoh, Cornelius, Brunetta.
Cristian Romero is suspended for Atalanta due to yellow card accumulation, while midfielder Mario Pasalic is still suffering from injury.
Meanwhile, Parma are without six players in total with Gervinho, Alberto Grassi, Yordan Osorio, Juraj Kucka, Simone Iacoponi and Vincent Laurini all injured.
Players to watch:
- Atalanta: Duvan Zapata suffered a serious eight-game dry spell between October 31st and December 9th, failing to register a single direct goal contribution during that time. However, in the five matches since then, the Colombian forward has rediscovered his 2019/20 form, netting three goals and two assists. Zapata scored twice in the 5-1 win over Sassuolo last time out, while also setting up Robin Gosens to make it 4-0 on the night. Back in form, Zapata has also scored three goals against Parma in the past, so don’t bet against the 29-year-old continuing his streak here.
- Parma: Liverani’s men aren’t exactly setting any examples defensively but there’s no doubt that their blunt attack is crippling them this season, with Parma scoring the fewest goals (13) of any Serie A side. With Gervinho out for the trip to Atalanta, Parma’s best hope of finding the net on Wednesday will be Brazilian midfielder, Hernani. The 26-year-old has three Serie A goals to his name so far this season, placing him second only to Gervinho (four) among Parma players, while he also has two assists to his name. His one-goal, one-assist performance in a shock 2-2 draw away at AC Milan in mid-December proves Hernani can mix it with Serie A’s big guns and Liverani will be praying for a repeat of that performance in this one.
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Atalanta: WDWDW
- Parma: LLLDD
More live stream options: